2011年3月4日 星期五

EOTD: Wet n Wild Walking on Eggshells, Silent Treatment and Insiti Eye Pencils By Amy Naree

Happy Hump Day!  I can't wait until it's Friday, but then again every time it hits Monday I am always look forward to Friday.  Ahhh what a vicious cycle :)

My lovely blogger buddy Dee from http://hanidee.blogspot.com/ has requested I do some looks with the WnW palettes that I picked up.  If you aren't already following her blog you must check her out!  Her EOTDs are amazing as well as her make up skills.  She has also done a few EOTDs with the WnW palettes if you are interested, but if you haven't seen it yet you should probably wait until you see mine first since hers will blow mine out of the water! lol

If you are a frequent reader of my blog you probably already know I don't do many EOTD/FOTD, this is mainly because 1) My make up skills are pretty average, and 2) I rarely do any new or exciting looks so my daily looks are usually very plain.  So these two looks that you are about to see are basically what I have been wearing on a daily basis for the past 2 weeks.  If I try a certain look and I like it I usually will wear it over and over again for a few weeks until I find a new one I like lol  This is partially due to laziness as well :)


The two Wet n Wild palettes that I picked up were Walking on Eggshells and Silent Treatment.


Walking on Eggshells has to be a favorite of mine.  The colors on this palette might not look too exciting, but I love it for it's simplicity!  I think this is the perfect palette for an everyday look for school or work.  The colors will brighten up your eyes but still give you that natural no make-up type look.  The crease color (bronze brown) is my favorite!

These shadows are super soft and have great pigmentation.  Because it is so soft I found that using my fingers to apply it works pretty good for me.


I pretty much followed the directions that are written on the eye shadows themselves lol I applied the base color (pearly pink) all over my lid, the crease color on my crease (bronze brown), and the brow bone (off white) color under my brows.  It's as simple as A,B,C and 1,2,3 hehe
I also used NARS primer and Insiti Eyeshadow Pencil in No. 3 to line my upper and bottom lash line.  The colors are definitely more visible in real life but I don't have a good camera so it never captures the true colors and always seems to wash it out :/




I really enjoy using Silent Treatment as well and it's one of the more popular ones amongst the bloggers and yt gurus.  I definitely can see why it's a favorite, the base color (taupe) is gorgeous!  A lot of people have been saying it's like a dupe of MAC Satin Taupe but better.  This palette is great for daytime or nighttime look, whereas the Walking on Eggshells is probably only good for daytime!


Since I am using this look for work I decided not to use the crease color which is a dark brown because it would make the look a little too dramatic.  The crease color is also my lease favorite, I find it a little bit chalky compared to the other 2 colors.

So I didn't follow the color instructions on the palette.  I ended up using the brow bone (pale pink) color for all over the lid and then the base (taupe) for my crease.  Then I borrowed the brow bone color from the Walking on Eggshells palette for my brow bone.

I also used the NARS primer and the  Insiti Eyeshadow Pencil in No. 3 to line my eyes.




So those are my 2 eye looks with the WnW palettes.  They are really super simple and plain but hope you enjoy them!  Overall I really do like these palettes and I am looking to picking up their 8-pan palette especially in the color Comfort Zone.  They always seem to be sold out at my local Walgreens so hopefully I'll have some luck one of these days!

Insiti Two Color In 1 EyeShadow Pencil / Eyeliner

A representative from KKcenterHK was kind enough to send me these to try outI ended up picking the No3 (light bronze brown, dark bronze brown), the No2 (silver, pearl white), and the No9 (pale pink, lilac).

Swatches (top to bottom):
No3 link
 No2 link
No9 link

 I love all the colors they are gorgeous and have nice pigmentation.  They all also contain glitters in them so they definitely add a little something to your eyes.  The name of the product suggest that they can be used as an eyeshadow pencil and eyeliner but I find that using them as an eyeliner works best for me.  The reason is that they the pencils aren't super soft I have a tough time shading them in all over my lids as an eye shadow.  As an eyeliner they have just the right texture of not too soft and not too hard.

My favorite is the No3.  I have been using the darker bronze brown color to line my upper and lower lashes almost everyday.  The color gives my eyes a nice pop w/out giving too much dramatic effect like a black liner would.  I have also been loving the No9.  I use the pale pink color to brighten up on the corners of my eyes and also sometimes use it to highlight my brow bone area.  
These pencils cost $2.20 each which is super cheap in my opinion.  The website carries over 10+ color variations, so if you are looking for some good quality color pencils at a value price then check these out!


Hope everyone is having a great week!  Toodles

NOTE:  Insiti pencils were provided by Kkcenterhk for consideration.  I am not affiliated with the company or was paid to do this review.  All other products mentioned were purchased by my own money.  All reviews are from my own honest opinions.

沒有留言:

張貼留言