2011年1月31日 星期一

Princess Lee Lashes By Dempeaux

When KKCentreHK.com got in touch with me and asked me to review some false lashes of my choice from their wesbite, I knew exactly what I wanted to try.
Princess Lee false eyelashes have a cult following in Asia, but they are incredibly difficult to get your hands on as they sell out as soon as they hit the shelves. Knock-offs of these lashes abound because they are so popular, but KKCEntreHK.com sells the real thing.  Each lash band is handmade in Taiwan from human hair and the lashes are placed into very simple packaging.  You get 10 pairs in each packet, which is incredibly good value.
These are, without a doubt, the most natural full strip lashes I have ever used.  I usually take the time to apply individual false lashes if I’m going out somewhere special, and whilst the effect is lovely and natural, it takes forever. I usually take 20 minutes to do both eyes, and I need to make sure that each eye has the same amount of long and medium lashes to create a uniform cat-eye look.
With the Princess Lee lashes in cross 7 black (1.1cm), I just apply the full strip and I’m done.  They are undetectable to even the most enquiring eye.
The very soft lash band makes these lashes confortable to wear during the day and easy to mould to the shape of your eye.  It’s the criss-cross pattern which makes them look so natural.
In the past I’ve worn MAC, Red Cherry, and Ardell false lashes, and Princess Lee beats them all hands down.  The Princess Lee lashes look far more natural, are more comfortable to wear, and flatter the eye.
Each lash is made in the ‘Princess Lee style’ which is the delicate criss-cross pattern you can see in the lashes below:
Compare the Princess Lee lashes to the Girls Aloud lashes I saw in Priceline yesterday:
The Girls Aloud lashes look much more dramatic.
I pulled out some other false eyelashes in my collection to compare to the Princess Lee lashes. Below are a pair of Ardell Wispies, which are incredibly long and reach almost up to my eyebrow. These Ardell lashes also have the longest lashes in the middle, and I really prefer a more cat-eye effect like the Princess Lee lashes:
These Red Cherry lashes in #68 are also incredibly long and look very strange with the lashes bunched in the way they are.  Also, the lashes that sit at the inner corner are very long indeed, so they look unnatural on the eye:
Finally, these MAC #7 lashes are touted to be the most natural in MAC’s false lash range, but I’ve never really been happy with the effect.  Although the lashes that sit at the inner corner are a good length, like the Red Cherry lashes the way the lashes are bunched looks very unnatural on the eye:
So, back to Princess Lee.
As each lash is stuck down to a cardboard backing for shipping, you will need to cut off the extra lash band before you apply them.  The lash band does look long, but these lashes fitted my eyes with no problems. Remember that if you do need to cut them, start from the side with the tallest lashes and work your way in until you achieve the desired length.
To show you the way the lashes impact the look of the eye, I’ve taken a series of photos illustrating the difference on me.  Below is a picture of my eye with some hastily-applied eyeshadow and a little brown liner on the top lash line. My lashes do not have any mascara on them:
One coat of mascara applied:
Lashes applied. Note that the lash band is noticeable but quite discrete. I have used Duo Lash Adhesive in dark:
Here I’ve applied a thin line of Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner in black to disguise the lashband and complete the look:
These lashes look incredibly natural viewed from any angle:
I’ve taken a photo looking down here because I always find that this is when false eyelashes look the most noticeably unnatural.  However, the Princess Lee lashes look very natural indeed:
They look great behind glasses too, and don’t overpower the rest of my face.  For some reason in the photos below the lashes on the right of my right-hand eye disappeared in the flash, but they are clearly visible in real life:
Better yet, these lashes are on special at the moment, and I plan to stock up. The ones I’ve used here (Cross 7 black 1.1cms) are the shortest, but with these great results I’m keen to try the 1.2 and 1.3cm lashes too.
These Princess Lee lashes usually sell for USD $17.60 on their website, but are currently on special for USD $12.85.  Shipping costs USD $2.50 to Australia.

Thank you, Dempeaux
This is Dempeaux's blog

沒有留言:

張貼留言