2011年7月29日 星期五

Beauty angel makeup kit review By loevensmakeuprambles


I was sent this to review from KKCenter HK. It's called Beauty angel makeup kit in purple. I am new to the KKCenter HK site and so far I'm very pleased with their service and how quick they respond to e-mails and such.
Ok... Some of you guys may know by now that I just loove palettes. Got a tonne of palettes and I'm always looking for more. So I was so happy when They sent me this palette to review.

Price: 14,50 $

Packaging: The packaging is made of colourful glossy cardboard, it feels very lightweight, yet sturdy enough to travel with. It's designed to look like a little beauty magazine, soo cute. Inside you will find instructions on how to apply the eyeshadow. It does remind me a bit of Elf's beauty encyclopedias just in a smaller and more girly magazine version, and with better instructions.
The palette's closing mechanism is made up of 2 little magnets that holds the "lid" in place.

It contains 12 x 2,5 grams of eyeshadow and 2 x 5 grams of blush.
It comes with a little dual sided applicator and a little mirror.



If you don't like shimmery eyeshadows you can stop reading now. LOL

These shadows are very very shimmery, not glittery but very pearly and metallic, almost glossy shimmer. The blushes look matte in the pan but applies semi matte with a hint of pearl, but not shimmery or shiny.



Pros:The shadows are very soft and silky in texture, but they don't feel like they would break easily. The lighter colours did apply a bit sheer and grainy in texture when swatched with a finger. But they applied nicely on my eyes. I would say that they are too shimmery to apply on the browbone but for the inner corner of the eyes it's great.



My favorites in this palette would be the 2 first colours in the last row, they seem to have a nicer texture to them, they are the most pigmented of the bunch and I really like the colours: a grey/mushroom/purple kinda colour and a rusty reddish brown.

A few cons:
They can be a little sheer looking, but it helps to apply a primer. I also tried applying a white base and it really did help the colours pop. The the purple shadows look very similar when swatched and they are not as pigmented as I hoped for. The black shadow is not really that black, so if you are looking for true black this is not it. There is quite a bit of fallout from these shadows but it's easy to swipe away with a brush when you are done applying the eyeshadow.

Some might find that doing a complete eye look with these shimmery shadows would be too much shimmer, I personally love love love shimmer but I do think it would have been nice with just a few matte options in this palette.




I would probably not repurchase this palette again, mostly because of the light shades, also because of the blues, I don't really wear blue. But i would certainly like to try the other palettes in the beauty angel series. I like these quite a bit, but it's not Urban decay or Toofaced quality. I think the price is ok reasonable for this palette.




The blushes are quite pigmented, I can use both colours if I apply them with a very light hand, I really like the peachy pink blush, it suits me very well, i would say that the staying power is average, no blush will last on me all day unless I use a cream blush underneath.

Loevens.

Thank you, loevensmakeuprambles
Check out loevensmakeuprambles blog

http://loevensmakeuprambles.blogspot.com/2011/07/beauty-angel-makeup-kit-review.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言