2012年3月12日 星期一

Mademoiselle Cleo by maryammaquillage



Bonjour mes amis!! C'est moi, Mademoiselle Cleo here, celebrating my new hair with a simple makeup look and styling reminiscent of a modern day Egyptian queen. In this post, I'm reviewing my temporary hairstyle and sharing makeup tips and tricks on how to wear the classic Cleopatra look in 2012.



Read more 4 pix, deets, how-to's, etc. :)



Check out my new HAIR!
Razor cut sharp bangs and pin-straight tresses in glorious chocolate brown! I thought it was time for a small change :)) Do you approve?


PSYCH!!!


Cutting my hair? I did no such thing... I simply put on a beautiful new wig, generously sent to me by my friends at KKcenterHK, an online beauty supply store specializing in all things hair and makeup related. I just love them!
Color: 2T33--Dark Brown. Other colors are available and range from party colors to natural shades.
Description: Synthetic medium length wig with adjustable straps to customize a perfect fit.
Price: $20.53



SPECIAL: Use my exclusive 10% off coupon good for any merchandise from the KKcenterHK website :)) This coupon ends February 28, 2012, so start shopping by clicking on the coupon link above. Don't forget to enter the code at checkout :))

My thoughts: This wig is great for achieving a subtle or dramatic change, depending on your choice of color. The dark brown I picked is slightly darker than my natural hair, so it almost looks like I got a new haircut. I happen to collect wigs because I love to morph into different characters without undergoing a drastic permanent transformation. Since I've never dyed my hair and don't plan on doing so any time soon, wearing wigs is my way of trying something different :) This wig is an awesome addition to my collection and I can't wait to wear it when I go out!!

To put on the wig: I simply wrap my natural hair clockwise around my head and secure it with large pins. Sometimes I put on a stocking cap or a net (that the wig comes in) over the pins to keep my real hair out of sight and out of mind.


On To the MAQUILLAGE!
 
The CONCEPT: Enticing, enchanting, mysterious and famously beautiful Cleopatra, the Ptolemaic Queen of Egypt has resurrected in modern day New York City. She now goes by Cleo and prefers to be referred to as "Mademoiselle", as she spends half her time shopping in Paris. Voila!

The LOOK: Modernized Cleopatra eyeliner in Navy Blue, Golden Nude lips and glowing cheekbones to go with her razor sharp bangs and pin-straight tresses :)

I used the following products to achieve my modern Cleopatra makeup look:

  • EYES
    • Urban Decay Primer Potion-- used to prime, prime, prime the eyes
    • MAC pigment in Naked(not pictured) -- worn all over the lid, from the lash line up to the eyebrow. This pigment is a neutral beige with a slight sheen and looks beautiful against any skin tone.
    • Bourjois duochrome pencil eyeliner in Noir Bleuté -- used to line the Cleo eyes. This pencil has a blue black two-tone quality and is great for updating this classic look. Plus, navy blue looks stunning against brown eyes.
    • Urban Decay e/s in Buck-- worn over Naked pigment to define the crease and add dimension to the eye.
    • MAC reflects glitter in Reflects Pearland Reflects Gold-- used in the inner corner of the eye
    • Elf false lashes (don't know the number), lash glue and black mascara
     CLEOPATRA eyeliner how-to:
    1. Prime your eye lid and apply your all over shadow & crease shadow
    2. Using your pencil liner, start by rimming the entire lash line and waterline of the eye. 
    3. Trace the inner corner and bring the color below to line up with the center of the lower lash line
    4. Bring the color under the outer corner as well, to line up with the inner corner, straightening out the natural curve of your lower lash line. This is the trick to getting true Cleopatra eyes: think of the lower lash line as a plank and the top lash line as a half moon on top of the plank.
    5. Once you have the shape outlined, start drawing your outer wing by extending the straight lower lash line. You don't want your wing to go up at an angle, so the key here is keep the line as straight as possible.
    6. Apply your glitter, false lashes and mascara and you're good to go!
       
       Eye of Horus (image from Wiki Commons)

      The Look: Classic "Egyptian" Revamped
      I had so much fun visualizing and creating this simple Cleopatra-inspired look and I hope I've done my job enticing you to try it out for yourself. This makeup is fun, quick, creative & ultra flattering and certainly doesn't need a special occasion to wear it to. I'm thinking I'm stuck in character until the weekend :))

      bisous,

      Maryam Maquillage aka Cleo




      Photo Credits: Le Var (merci!!)


       
      Join me on FACEBOOK / TWITTER / BLOGLOVIN



      Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com



      Thank you, maryammaquillage
      Check out  maryammaquillage blog
      http://www.maryammaquillage.com/2012/01/mademoiselle-cleo.html

      沒有留言:

      張貼留言