2012年4月17日 星期二

Marilyn Makiaj isn't afraid of color! by maryammaquillage


Salut mes belles!! The look I'm featuring today is part of a colorful makeup competition I entered on the Makeupbee beauty community which was personally inspired by the awesome wig sent to me by the lovely people at KKcenterHK. The contest rules call for a look that is fun, vibrant and colorful, so without a second thought, I put on my wig, grabbed my Coastal Scents palettes and got to work. The prize is an amazing collection of Sugarpill eyeshadows (the makeup brand that is pretty much synonymous with color and saturation) and I'm excited to share that three winners will be chosen to receive the prize! With that said, I want to encourage you to submit your own looks, so we can all be winners :))) While you're there, don't forget to tell 'em who sent you and vote for my eye look from this post entitled the Eye of the Tropics. To Vote:
  1. Register with www.themakeupbee.com
  2. Go to Current Competition: Bee Colorful
  3. Vote for me by liking my photo Eye of the Tropics -- Thanks a million! <3



Who is Marilyn Makiaj? Read full post to find out :))



My Marilyn is a tad more tropical, draggy and ethnic, just like the real me :p She loves color and isn't afraid to show off her wild side. She bleeds rainbows, jams to Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, and eats glitter donuts for breakfast... She is fun, vibrant and heavily saturated in every sense of the word :)
 
Vote for the Eye of the TROPICS !!!
This eye look was inspired by tropical birds and the exotic locations they inhabit. I can't help it, that's just what I think about when I think of color! I used about a ton of eyeshadows from various palettes and here is my long list:
  • Urban Decay primer potion in Eden
  • NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk
  • NYX jumbo eye pencil in Electric Blue
  • Coastal Scents 88 Palette
  • Coastal Scents Prism Palette
  • MAC reflects glitter in reflects transparent Teal
  • LASplash mascara in Electric Eel
  • Maybelline Studio gel liner in Eggplant
  • NYX candy glitter liner in Passion
  • Born Pretty Store Rhinestone Decoration 2mm (review here)
  • Love and Beauty purple false lashes 
 MARILYN FUNROE

Price: $37

Description: Synthetic, short, teal / green wavy hair wig in the style of Lady Gaga from "The Lady is a Tramp" video. The wig has adjustable straps to ensure a perfect fit.

My Thoughts: KKcenterHK wigs never cease to inspire and impress me. This Lady Gaga wig is probably one of my favorites because it is so different and unique. The style of the wig is reminiscent of classic hairstyles worn in the 50's, yet the color is totally contrasting and punchy. This wig is hugely responsible for my Marilyn Makiaj inspiration and serves as my original muse for this vibrant look.

Last but not least, my "glitter donut lips" were created with chunky glitter on top of clear eyelash glue, which isn't recommended, since it's nowhere near as yummy or good for you as a glitter donut is :)) I used this technique for the purpose of this photoshoot only and wouldn't typically wear this to go out. 


Don't forget to VOTE for my EYE of the TROPICS on MakeupBee!!!


Thanks for reading, subscribing, following and voting!!! I <3 you guys :))


Special Merci to my photographer: Le Var


bisous,


Maryam Maquillage




Join me on FACEBOOK / TWITTER / BLOGLOVIN



Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com




Thank you, maryammaquillage
Check out  maryammaquillage blog
http://www.maryammaquillage.com/2012/03/marilyn-makiaj-isnt-afraid-of-color.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言