Hi everyone, so today I have a review/nails of the day post to share with you all. I recently was contacted by KKCenterHK, asking if I would be interested in receiving some nail water decals to consider for a review here on my blog. I instantly agreed, as I have never before tried these and was keen to see how they work and what effect they would leave. Here's how I got on;
|WDBLE311 Nail Water Decals from KKCnterHK.|
I was kindly allowed to choose which style of decals to choose from KKCenterHK's giant selection - they had everything from cartoon to rock to Chinese mask water decals - but I felt the pretty flowers were more 'me' so decided to choose these lovely roses instead (WDBLE311)
The actual nail water decals came in this blue little plastic pouch with the card of water decals on. They did not come with anything extra, but really what more do you need? It's not like nail stamping for example, where you need the stamp, scraper, etc. But I do wish they came with instructions, as even though it is stated on the website how to use them, I think that instructions would be best just in case you missed them on line or if you were to give them to a friend who may not be computer literate. If that makes sense?
So, here's what I did to apply them to my nails. I did follow KKCenterHK's on line instructions, but not 100% and more or less did my own thing;
- Chose my desired nail polish and applied it to all of my nails. (I used Maybelline's 'Ivory Rose', which I showed in a NOTD post a while back)
- Once polish was completely dry, using scissors, I cut out all the decals I wanted to use. I decided to use one of each different coloured flower, but using a pink one twice as this particular one was my favourite.
- Then I got a cup of water (I was originally going to use warm water, but by the time I was ready, it had turned cold). And using an old pair of tweezers, I held my chosen decal in the water for approx 20-30 seconds. The website says 15-20 mins, but I think this is unnecessary, as mine were ready to come off after just the 20-30 seconds.
- Next, I lay the tiny cut out card with the decal on my hand and carefully unpeeled the corner of the design off with my tweezers. If it did not come off with ease, I would soak it in the water for a while longer, until it was ready to easily just slide off.
- Whilst the decal was still wet, I placed it on my nail (still using the tweezers) and adjusted the placement until I was happy with it. If it began to dry whilst I was still in the process of adjusting it, I would quickly put a drop or two of the water onto the design.
- Once I was happy with the placement and position of the design, I took a cotton pad and gently tapped it (being careful to just pat and not swipe the design, otherwise it would slip and become wrinkled) until all water was gone from the nail.
- Finally, I went over it with a clear top coat, to help protect the design and to add a nice shine.
The process was actually very simple to do and not very time consuming at all. I honestly think I did this in less than 5 minutes, which I think is amazing, as I always spend what seems like forever doing nail art.
- Easy to apply
- Not very time consuming
- Come in a wide variety of designs
- Not great for those with short nails (Mine only just fit onto my pinky nail. Although I suppose you could easily just choose a smaller design if you had short nails, or a bigger design for longer nails)
- Product does not come with instructions
Overall I am thrilled with my results, I think it looks very pretty and perfect for spring! These are definitely worth giving a go, especially if you're like me, who loves nail art but lacks the skill and tools to create successful designs, as these leave lovely, professional looking results and are super quick and very affordable! I will definitely be getting some more of these in the future and look forward to doing so. Big thanks to KKCenterHK for sending me these and finally giving me a chance to try nail water decals!
Rate & Recommend?
I rate these 9.5/10. I really can't fault them much and simply think they're fab. I would definitely recommend others to try thees out themselves, especially if you want to acheive gorgeous nail art designs that is budget friendly, easy to do and doesn't make a mess.
10% Off KKCenterHK!!
I was also given this coupon code for all of my readers;
To receive 10% off your order simply enter the code at the checkout.
(Valid until January 31st 2013)
Have you ever tried nail water decals before? If so, what's your thoughts on them?
DISCLAIMER: This product was sent to me by KKCenterHK to consider for review. I was not paid in any way for this review. All opinions are my own and 100% honest.
Thank you, pretty--wonderful
Check out pretty--wonderful blog