2012年5月23日 星期三

NOTD: Water Decals and Sandwiches by thenailpolishproject


I’m a lousy blogger when it comes to reviewing products – I have no idea how to big time bloggers keep up with it all or motivate themselves.  But today I do finally have a product review for you.  I was contacted by KKCenterHK a while ago about trialing one of their products – they offer a wide range of nail art accessories, such as water decals, stamping plates, nail stickers as well as polishes and other make up items.  In the end I went for a set of white flowery water decals (item WDD016)  that are designed to sit along the edge of your nail as there is a chronic lack of this type of design on stamping plates I find.
I started off with two coats of Australis Sky’s The Limit which is a gorgeous saturated blue jelly (it leans slightly more turquoise than in my photo – my camera was having none of it), then I went for a coat of OPI Pirouette My Whistle and another coat of Sky’s The Limit over the top.  Finally I applied one of the water decals to my ring finger for some extra interest.
IMG 0005 490x367 NOTD: Water Decals and Sandwiches
I liked that the decals were shipped in a sealed bag with a ziploc style seal so if they got wet in transit, the decals wouldn’t be ruined.  The sheet contained twenty nail decals – each design has a reversed partner and there are two sets of 10 decals so you could potentially apply one to every nail and have identical layouts on each hand for two different manicures.  I didn’t like that when I added a top coat over the decal, it started to break up slightly – so tread carefully with the top coat.
These retail for US$2.82 + US$0.62 for shipping, so they’re hardly going to break the bank and they’re nice and easy for times when stamping is too much effort.  I sometimes wish there was a greater variety and availability of water decals out there – I like that they’re not as thick as stickers and I’m just plain lazy sometimes!
I just noticed that all through may, they’re offering 25% off everything.  I also have a 10% code that you can all use (not sure if it will be valid with the 25% discount, but it’s worth trying!) – just enter thenailpolishproject when you check out.  Valid until 31st January 2013.
KKcenterhk125x125jpg banner NOTD: Water Decals and Sandwiches




Thank you, thenailpolishproject
Check out  thenailpolishproject blog
http://thenailpolishproject.com/?p=2413

沒有留言:

張貼留言