2012年9月5日 星期三

Nails: KKCenterHK Stamping Plate B44 by islandgirlinsights

Wow I feel like I haven't written a nail related post in such a long time - and I'm super excited to share this one with you. The lovely people at KKCenterHK kindly sent me a really pretty stamping plate* and since I haven't used any plates before they sent me a stamping kit* to review for you guys too. I've seen so many pretty manicures using stamping plates and I knew I was going to love playing with my new toys! I chose a plate with a set of pretty floral patterns on it.

Stamping Plate (SPPMB44) // Rubber Stamp & Scraper Kit (JR1055)
The first time I tried to use them, it was a complete failure and it was completely my own daft fault. I painted my nails a pretty purple and was all set to start stamping in a lovely pink colour, but try as I might, I just couldn't make it work. I soon realised that the stamping plate came with a protective film over the top... after I'd peeled it off and started again, of course this time it worked perfectly!
I chose to paint my nails with my new MUA Love Hearts in U&I (which I won from the lovely Charlie at Secrets Behind the Closet Door), with Essie Sole Mate for the stamping.
I've learned the hard way that I'm not very good at stamping - this was my best effort and even though it's a bit messy (sorry!) I'm still pretty proud of it and I really like how it looks. I guess I just need to keep practising and getting used to using a stamping plate.
The plate I received is brilliant quality - I had a go at all of the patterns on the plate (my other hand is a mess of all the different florals!) and they all looked lovely on. The stamper and scraper are brilliant too, the stamp has a little arrow on top to indicate which way is up so you can align your pattern with you nail nicely - I have only one tiny criticism and it's that the rubber stamp is a dark pink, which means that it's really hard to stamp pink colours because you can't see them properly on the stamp :(
 I really love this roses stamp on my thumb, it's definitely my favourite! Sorry about my wrinkly, dry looking cuticles, I'm not sure why they're like that!

Thank you to KKCenterHK for sending these to me for review. You can find KKCenterHK on the web and on Facebook. Don't forget you can get 10% off all purchases by using islandgirlinsights at the checkout.

What do you think of my nails? Have you used a stamping plate before? ♥
Photobucket





Thank you, islandgirlinsights
Check out  islandgirlinsights blog
http://islandgirlinsights.blogspot.hk/2012/08/nails-kkcenterhk-stamping-plate.html#.UD9F9MHiaHN

沒有留言:

張貼留言