2013年1月11日 星期五

Braided Christmas manicure by samplesentaeyen

Today I'm going to show you the last two of the Tip Top Nails South Africa polishes I have for review this month. It's been fun trying out these polishes all month long, but I'm not really certain where the time has gone. November just seemed to fly away.

I was trying to decide what to do for my next manicure, and my mom had suggested that a braided Christmas manicure might be pretty. I had never done a braided manicure before, and my last two colors are rather Christmasy, so that's what I decided to do.

For this manicure I used Tip Top Nails Night Rider, Cha Cha Cha, and Get Reddy. I used Swatch and Learn's tutorial for the braided fishtail. I did a simple? gradient for the accent nail, but I kinda goofed it :P




 As you can see, Cha Cha Cha is a very pretty cyan color which is kind of weird for a Christmas manicure, but I think it works OK. In the dark light that I'm used to it looks more green. I really love Night Rider, and Get Reddy is such a beautiful, gorgeous red. Perfect metallic red polish for Christmas.  I started with one coat of Night Rider, and then used just one thick coat of each color for the braids. As you can see, Cha Cha Cha and Get Reddy each applied pretty well with just one thick coat.

I also have to say, this technique was easier than I expected, and it was neater than expected. It's definitely not perfect, but my manicure turned out much nicer than I thought it would. Mike actually asked if I had used tape, so apparently I impressed him :)



I'm also showing off a couple of decals I received to review.  I'm going to play with these some more in the next few weeks, as well as another set.  The decals I used today are from 3D Nail Seal Xmas Christmas Design Nail Seal-363 from KKCenterHK.


These decals were very easy to use.  I had no problems with them, except the teddy bear is a little large and so it didn't quite lay flat against my nail. Not a big deal. You can't tell from my picture, but there are lots of little pieces of glitter on these, and the shine pretty well matches Cha Cha Cha. I love happy accidents like that! I completely forgot that these are supposed to glow in the dark until I read the Web site, so I will have to try these out some more and hopefully get some glowing pictures to show you.









You can still use the code GETFANCY at checkout to get a 10% off discount when you shop at KKCenterHK.com! That code is valid through January 31, 2013.

Thank you to Tip Top Nails and KKCenterHK for providing me with these items to review. All opinions expressed here are my own.





Thank you, samplesentaeyen
Check out samplesentaeyen blog
http://samplesentaeyen.blogspot.hk/2012/11/braided-christmas-manicure.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言