2013年1月9日 星期三

L'oreal Project Runway LE Polish in The Mystic's Future and glittery chevrons by kimberslacquerkorner


Hi Ladies! Happy Thursday!

Today I have a fun glittery chevron mani to share with you all. I received some loose glitter from KKCenterHK Online store a few weeks ago, and I was dying to play with it. I managed to find the perfect polish to pair it with in my stash, and decided to create a glitter/tape manicure.

I started with a base of L'Oreal The Mystic's Future, a stunning fuchsia leaning purple from their Project Runway Collection. This color is just gorgeous! Such a bright, saturated polish and the application was perfection. After my base color dried, I taped off my nails and added chevrons using Milani Deep Thoughts, a deep, shimmery purple. Then I added the loose glitter along the lines of the chevrons. I love the final product!

The glitter comes in a round container jam packed with 10 grams of shiny, hex goodness... more glitter than I can use in a lifetime (which is good since now that I have tried it I really want to incorporate it into more manis). This glitter is bright purple 1.5mm hex glitter, so it's not too large to use in most nail art. It's lovely and shimmery and surprisingly, stayed put even before I topcoated over it. There are so many ways to use this kind of glitter: full nail glitter, chevrons, diagonal lines, frames..the possibilities are endless. I found this easy to work with, requiring nothing more than the tip of my smallest dotting tool and a little gelous to help grab the glitter.








 






































I am really happy with how this mani came out! I do not want to remove it, ever! I love the subtle contrast of the colors, and the bit of flair from the glitter. Not too subtle, not too in your face.  Not bad for my first time using loose glitter!


KKCenterHK Item # N.Nail-B0813-1.5mm
This glitter comes in a 10 gram tub, and sells for $5.86. If you're a fan of loose glitter, this a great deal for enough glitter to last for at lest a few years! You can find this particular glitter here, (or click the picture above) and KKCenterHK has loose glitter in many more colors and sizes. For 10% off, be sure to use code KimbersKorner at checkout (there's also a link in my sidebar).

What do you think of this look?

I don't know about you guys, but I am definitely going to be using more loose glitter in my manis. So very cool!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Polishing!
-Kimber
Thank you, kimberslacquerkorner
Check out kimberslacquerkorner blog
http://www.kimberslacquerkorner.com/2012/10/loreal-project-runway-le-polish-in.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言