2013年3月4日 星期一

Happy Valentines Harlow & Co By chitchatnails


Hello Lovely Ladies,
A few weeks back Katie, from Harlow & Co, announced a Valentines Day manicure contest.  I normally don’t paint my nails with ‘themes’ but I really wanted to partake in this contest.  I was honestly stumped for ideas, overwhelmed with the number of ‘heart’ stamping plates that I have in my collection (I know, I know… problems of a nail-polish hoarder) and I almost gave up…
BUT then, KKCenterHk sent me their new line of nail-art decorations and I had a eureka moment ;)
VOTING is open until February 13, 2013.  Please check out all of the entries and vote for your favourite HERE.
As I mentioned, the KKCenterHk sent me their NEW BLUESEA Lip Shaped Pink Kiss Nail Art Decorations, and I was super excited to incorporate them into my manicure:
A set of two retails for $4.00.
Size of each accessory: 9mmX6.5mmX2mm
These are statement-making decorative pieces, and will require nail-art glue to stay attached to the nail surface.  If you wear them with care, you could re-use them by gently removing them from your nail and cleaning off the glue from the flat-back surface.
* * *
One of the rules for the Harlow & Co contest was to use at least ONE lacquer sold by Harlow & Co.  I used Lush Lacquers Mr. Bubble.
Mr. Bubble is a clear-base pink, white and blue glitter.  I applied one coat over Sally HansenWhirlwind White.  I added one coat of OPI Funny Bunny to soften the glitter shade just a little. I added a Gals stamp, GA44, with Essie Bobbin for Baubles.
The ‘denim’ look of the accent nail was created by using two coats of Essie Bobbin for Baubles.  I used the saran-wrap technique to add L’Oreal Now You Sea Me and Sally Hansen Whirlwind White.  I also used a matte topcoat before placing the KISS KKCenterHk nail-decoration.
I hope you like this less-traditional look… It reminds me of a movie-date-night from when I was in my teens- cozy jeans, the innocence and sparkle of young romance, and a sweet kiss at the end of the evening. *oh to be young again* ;)
I encourage you to check out the other Valentine’s Day entries in the Harlow & Co contestHERE.
THANK YOU FOR READING!


Thank you, chitchatnails
Check out chitchatnails blog
http://www.chitchatnails.com/2013/02/05/happy-valentines-harlow-co/

沒有留言:

張貼留言