2013年9月10日 星期二

KKCenterHk Review - 1.5mm Silver Studs By nailslikelace

 KKCenterHk contacted me and asked me to pick a couple of products from their site to share with you and review. The first product I picked was item NNAIL-DRN659, a pack of approximately 50 circular, 1.5mm silver studs. These sell for $4.23 USD on their site.

After doing a little research on price vs. quantity for similar items on other sites, these do seem to be a tad on the higher side, but are neither the most expensive, nor at an unreasonable price.

Since these studs are so tiny, though, they are very easy to create a multitude of designs, as well as give a more precise placement. There does seem to be a slight size variation in these, because I placed four in a square on my index finger, and the two on the left seem to be a little bigger than the other two. But there's not too much of a noticeable difference unless I point it out. You can't tell on the heart or bordered nail.




The polish I am wearing these over is a Birchbox exclusive. London Calling from Color Club, from the Wanderlust mini quad.
.


As is typical with a pastel, it was streaky at first, but covered opaque in two coats, dried fairly slow, and had a bit thicker consistency, but nothing I couldn't handle. It is a beautiful Spring green! In fact, I am debating getting the other three from the collection, just to complete it, since they are only $2 each.



On a side note, this polish was a huge pain to work with when it comes to coloring. It is a tad brighter than it would photograph. It is almost like a bright pastel... Isn't that an oxymoron? When I tried to brighten it in Photoshop, it just gave me even worse lobster hands than it did to begin with, no matter what I tried! Oh well. Guess you just need to see this one in person!



Overall, I love these studs! They are very easy to work with. I just used my smallest dotting tool dipped in some slow-dry topcoat to pick them up.

Even along the tip of the nail, given that you've sealed them in with topcoat (I used one coat of Seche Vite) and wrapped your tips, they stayed in place just fine through the second day. 

Since they are fairly flat, they don't snag, and a completely smooth finish could be obtained with a few more coats of topcoat. 

As there's only enough in the bag for two or three manicures similar to this one, I definitely need to grab some more of these!

A product in this post was provided to me for my honest review by KKCenterHk.


Thank you, nailslikelace
Check out nailslikelace blog
http://www.nailslikelace.com/2013/06/kkcenterhk-review-15mm-silver-studs.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言