2013年10月21日 星期一

Sunday, Steel and Studs! By misshollyberries


Disclosure: some of the products in this post were provided by the manufacturer, their PR firm or retailer for my review.  All opinions are my own.IMG_7460
This might be a lengthy post, as I have 2 things to review today! First off … Happy Sunday! This is week 3 of football and just so happens that is the week that my fiance and I are head to head in our fantasy league.  I’ve been trying to avoid watching football (aside from the Browns of course) and looking at the score of our two fantasy teams.  We’ve even physically separated ourselves because we are both too competitive for our own good! I’m typing this in our bedroom as he is camped out in the living room.  This is what Sundays have become!
Side note, do you like all the cat hair in the picture below? I’m experimenting with my photos and trying out different backgrounds.  I read on Chalkboard nails that she takes all of her pictures in natural light against a black sheet, so that’s what I’m trying to do now! This is a black pillow that my white cat got a hold of before I could!
IMG_7463Like I said earlier, today’s post has a dual purpose! It’s to review a new polish to my collection and also my first time trying out nail studs! I’ve been seeing nail studs and other hardware all over the bloggosphere and have really wanted to try them out! They just look so edgy and fun to me.
The polish I used for this manicure is OPI “My Private Jet.”  MPJ is one of those polishes that have taken on a life of its own, as OPI has changed the look and formulation several times.  I thought there was 2 versions of this polish, then was informed there was 3, and then someone even said there were 4 different variations of this polish! The other versions are all holographic! I’ve always wanted to get my hands on this polish, mostly because of all the hype around the nail world!
IMG_7458(photo taken in artificial light)
A blogger friend of mine named Judi, aka the Middle Aged Beauty Queen, emailed me saying that she had a bottle of MPJ and likely would never wear it again.  She asked if I wanted it and I jumped at the chance.  We did a mini impromptu swap and I finally got my hands on this gem! In natural light (3 of the 4 pictures) it looks like a steely charcoal grey with white flecks.  In artificial light, it has a brown duochrome that is absolutely stunning! And if you get it at the perfect angle, all those white flecks turn into a really subtle scattered holo.  Its absolutely beautiful!!
Being from the Rust Belt and seeing Steel Mills every day, I really am drawn to colors like this! The rusty steel look is right up my alley!  I’ve already worn this twice and looking at the pictures I want to put it right back on.  The formula is seriously perfect! It is the perfect consistency and is almost opaque in 1 coat.  You do have to do 2 coats but the dry time is really fast, so you can probably finish your manicure in 15 minutes!
IMG_7462Since the look of this polish is like a rusty steel, I knew I had to add some of my new studs to it! The studs are fromKKCenterHK, which is an online beauty e-tailer located in Hong Kong.  I find that a lot of the beauty e-tailers that are in Asia have some of the most unique and affordable items!
How you apply these things is so simple … after your manicure is dry, just put a dab of top coat on the back of a stud and then place it with your fingers.  I thought I was going to need tweezers and I would have to apply this to a wet manicure, ruining everything, but it was so easy that anyone can do it!
What do you guys think? Are you guys into the whole nail studs look?
ImageProxyFor all of you who want to check out KKCenterHK, you can click on the image above! Also, if you use the code: MISSHOLLYBERRIES you can get 10% off your order! That code is good until January 31, 2014 so you have some time to shop around the site.
Disclosure: some of the products in this post were provided by the manufacturer, their PR firm or retailer for my review.  All opinions are my own.


Thank you, misshollyberries
Check out misshollyberries blog
http://misshollyberries.com/2013/09/22/sunday-steel-and-studs/

沒有留言:

張貼留言