2013年11月4日 星期一

NOTD: N.Nail Orange Loose Glitter (KKCenterHK) By leonacarolina


Finally, I have my second review for KKCenterHK ready to show you! As well as receiving this super cute pink and white glitter polish, I also selected some loose orange circle glitter.
image
You can find this product on the KKCenterHK website here. It’s listed as ‘N.NAIL 2.5mm Circle Glitter-Orange Honey Orange’ and the product code is NNAIL-HB19-2-5mm.
image
As you can tell by the product name, the glitters have a diameter of 2.5mm. I’m not sure what they are made out of, but they feel plastic-y. They are thicker than other loose glitters I have had experience with, but are still very easy to work with, they just stick out a little further when they are stuck to your nail. Colour-wise, they are yellow-toned orange with a blue flash.
The little pot retails for US$7.20 and it is packed full of glitter. There is probably hundreds, if not thousands, of individual glitters in the container - well worth the price, I think.
I actually had some issues deciding on a mani to use these in. It wasn’t the fault of the glitters, but instead my sheltered imagination and limited nail art capabilities. I chose the glitter because I thought it would be a fun challenge but I really think I overestimated myself. I tried several different manis before deciding to post this one, as it was the best in terms of photography and execution. My most ambitious idea that simply didn’t work out was to use the glitters as the centre of flowers. Perhaps I will give that another go in the future. Anyway, enough lamenting, on to the mani!
image
image
image
image
I know, I know - it’s so uninspiring, but seriously, I tried. Plus it looked a lot better in person (believe me!). The base is three coats of Essie Off The Shoulder, a gorgeous pink creme. I attached the glitters with a small amount of nail glue. I waited a couple of seconds for the glue to get tacky, and then I dropped my glitter on top, and moved it around with the end of an orange stick to get it in the right place on my nail. You could attach these by sticking them into slightly wet polish, and then applying your favourite top coat over everything like normal. This would also mean the glitters last longer on your nails, but since I paint my nails every day, longevity wasn’t a high priority.
So, yeah, a bit of a fail art attempt really! How would you incorporate these into a mani? What kind of nail art do you think would suit these cute glitters?


Thank you, leonacarolina
Check out leonacarolina blog
http://leonacarolina.tumblr.com/post/64357810285/notd-n-nail-orange-loose-glitter-kkcenterhk

沒有留言:

張貼留言