2012年3月12日 星期一

Glam Metal Vixen by maryammaquillage



Hello friends and Welcome to my Glam Metal tribute post!!! Behind the blonde wig and tattooed hot tiger lips is moi, Maryam Maquillage, ready to ROCK OUT and tell you all about this fun, throwback makeup / hair / style theme. In this post, I'm reviewing an awesome blonde wig sent to me by KKcenterHK, without which, this Hair Metal look would not be possible!



Are you ready to ROCK!!!?



Lady Gaga Wig

Price: $39

Description: Synthetic, long, blonde wavy hair wig in the style of Lady Gaga from the "Judas" video. Headband is not included, but can be purchased separately through the kkcenterhk website. The wig has adjustable straps to ensure a perfect fit.

My Thoughts: This wig is great for a achieving a dramatic style change for those with naturally dark hair. If you're looking for a not-so-drastic Lady Gaga ensemble, this wig is very fitting and can serve as the base for your costume. It is also appropriate for an 80's/ 90's rocker look, as is styled to be worn with a headband, which was typical of the style of that era. The best part about this wig is that it does not shed at all. Speaking as a collector of wigs, this is very unsual and pleasantly surprising for a wig in this price category, so I'm very impressed with the quality.




SPECIAL: Use my exclusive 10% off coupon good for any merchandise from the KKcenterHK website. This coupon ends in 1 week, so start shopping by clicking on the coupon link above. Don't forget to enter the code at checkout :))



Taking A BLONDE MOMENT

Before I get on with my look, I have a confession to make. I am not a natural blondie... sigh... 
Kidding, obviously I'm not. Before creating this look, I was very reluctant to put on the blonde wig because I do not find myself at all appealing as a bleached blonde. I feared that I would look like Kimora Lee, Tila Tequila, or worse, a transvestite from south east Asia. I always find it very strange when girls with ethnic--particularly Asian features--bleach dye their hair, going for that bombshell look. Something about it is just unsettling with me and I find that the all-American bombshell spirit never quite captures the way they intended it.

BLEACHED BLONDE IS NOT FOR EVERYONE:

On the other hand, NOT ALL BLONDES ARE MADE EQUAL, so if you're a badass chick like Rihanna or Taylor Momsen, then you can ROCK whatever hair color you please, regardless of your features, skin tone or steelo. In this case, their hairstyle is pretty much the same, a la Blondie aka Debbie Harry in the 80's, and I totally approve! ROCK ON vixens!!!



MY BLONDE ROCKIN' GLAM METAL VIXEN ALTER-EGO!!!


I WANNA ROCK!!!
Glam Metal, also known to as Hair Metal, is a sub-genre of hard rock and heavy metal that arose in the late 1970's and became popular in the 80's and early 90's. Aesthetically, the hair metal style is associated with very long teased hair, use of heavy makeup, and flashy clothing i. e. ripped denim, tight leather, spandex and headbands. The glam metal style was embodied by mostly male performers of bands like Poison, Twisted Sister, Whitesnake and Mötley Crüe as well as Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Guns 'n Roses and many others. 

Twisted Sister

My Makeup Inspiration: I started off from Lady Gaga's graphic eyes in the "Judas" video (pic above), then added a bit of glam punk via Cyndi Lauper (below). I also looked at 80's tattoos and various band logos, Kiss in particular, and used the signature heavy metal edge to stylize my eye look.


My EYE creation: inspired by 80's tattoos, band logos, and glam 80's style, I compacted the design around my eye area only--I didn't want it looking like a Mike Tyson tattoo.
PRODUCTS USED:


My Style Inspiration: I drew my Glam Metal inspiration from various photos and performers. Because Lady Gaga--my original muse--took style lessons from every rock star on the planet, I wanted to find the sources of her inspiration. I searched the net for authentic images (if you follow me on Pinterest, then you've seen my scatterbrain at work) and it all boiled down to one lead singer: Bret Michaels of Poison!

 Tell me Bret Michaels wasn't a fine ass woman in the 80's
Axl was such a cutie... love him!!!



VOILA--My Interpretation!

The pictures below are essentially the same, but I was conflicted with my outfit choices, so I decided to use both and show you my two sightly different versions. On the left is my very literal "Lady Gaga meets Bret Michaels" 80's glam-metal video vixen and on the left is her twin brother, an avid follower of Axl Rose. What a difference a shirt makes! My leather vest, ripped t-shirt and spiky jewelry are all original pieces from the late 80's and 90's (thanks to my bf who actually lived through it); all other pieces are my own.

Pour some sugar on me
I-i-i wanna rock and roll all n-i-i-ight and party every day!!!


--KISS--


Maryam Maquillage




Join me on FACEBOOK / TWITTER / BLOGLOVIN



*All band photos and logos were borrowed from Google*


Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com



Thank you, maryammaquillage
Check out  maryammaquillage blog
http://www.maryammaquillage.com/2012/02/glam-metal-vixen.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言