2012年4月19日 星期四

NOTD: Blue Magnetic Nail Polish by questjen

Hiiii, have you heard of the fairly new 'magnetic nail polish' craze? No? I hadn't either... until I received one from KKCenterHK and read numerous reviews online. I have seen them on a counter in a store but I had no idea how they'd work... and I was never that curious. Are you curious? Let me show you what it is:


Here we have:
~ 1 magnetic nail polish
~ 1 set of magnetic pattern shapers
This nail polish has magnetic properties to allow for patterns to be made with a magnet

I applied it as nail polish first just to see the quality of the formula and whether or not it would be suitable to wear on its own. I must say that it is a very 'pigmented' nail polish! One coat typically looks like three coats of regular nail polish. See for yourself - you wouldn't think that it was just one coat!

 Amazing isn't it?

But I do have some bad news... it chips badly! It's funny how most nail polishes have this pro and con, like with this one the pro is that it is opaque but doesn't last long, boo! And with really sheer nail polishes they tend to last long but the con is that they require 2-3 coats which is time consuming and rather wasteful. The only brands of nail polishes that I can think of which last long and are opaque are China Glaze, Essie and OPI.

Would I recommend or use this as a nail polish on its own? No!
Considering the fact that it is worth $12.24 USD, there are cheaper nail polishes which can last longer and ones around the same price so I reckon it's not worth using this as a nail polish. Perhaps its magnetising properties affects the way the nail polish's staying power, hmm.

BUT of course I recommend this as a nail polish to use for magnet patterns xD

Now to move on with the magnet and how well it works on this nail polish!

It's so simple to make patterns like these with the magnets!
This was my first attempt so please excuse the messiness

$13.84 USD

The set comes with 3 different patterns


Above is a picture demonstration of how to use the magnet pattern shaper. First you put a coat of the magnetic nail polish on and before it dries, you stick your fingernail under the template for 5-15 seconds and the pattern will appear :) Really quick and simple, I like it!

Depending on whether you have the magnet horizontally or vertically, the pattern slightly differs. I'll explain under the next picture:

L-R
Horizontally, aka the 'correct' way to use: 1, 4, 5
Vertically: 2, 3

The ones where I used the magnet horizontally made the patterns more prominent with 'darker' shades, which I can assume is where the magnet was attracted to the most.

My favourite pattern is definitely the first one on the left because it looks the most detailed compared the horizontal/vertical/diagonal stripes. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to apply this nail polish AND have the pattern on due to me working at a place that doesn't allow me to wear any nail polish :(

Thanks KKCenterHK for allowing me to review such a cool nail polish! I like this more than those crackle ones that I used to be really intrigued about. Magnet patterns are much quicker to achieve and I reckon they look awesome :D

Questjen of the week:

Have you heard of magnetic nail polish before?

This is probably one of the shortest posts I have done in a long time! It's because I'm back at uni now which has made me incredibly busy. I'll still go along with the 'one post a week' thing. A bit overdue with this one sorry D;


Jen





Thank you, questjen
Check out  questjen blog
http://www.questjen.com/2012/04/notd-blue-magnetic-nail-polish.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言