Today I have a fun how-to and review to share with you! The beauty supply store KKCenterHK kindly allowed me to try these beautiful water decals. I’ve really enjoyed using water decals ever since I first tried them. They are so easy to use and the images are often so stunning. KKCenterHK has a huge range of water decals so you’ll be sure to find something you like!
The decals I chose are a really beautiful mix of decals. It includes a birdcage, poppies (my favourite flower!), dandelions and more. They are shipped in a handy ziplock type of bag which is very sturdy. The decals I chose come with 20 images in total. So you could use them for two full manicures with a decal on each nail both times.
I made a little step-by-step picture tutorial to show you how you apply water decals!
- Step 1: Start by cutting out the decals you are going to use. Cut as closely to the design as possible without cutting into the design.
- Step 2: Soak your decal in lukewarm water. Leave it for about 10-30 seconds.
- Step 3: Once your decal has been soaked, it will easily slide off the paper.
- Step 4: Slightly wet your nail with water, then place the decal on your nail. Using your finger, slide the decal around on your nail until you are satisfied with the placement.
- Step 5: Carefully pat the decal with a tissue or cotton round, making sure to remove all excess water. Your decal will now stay in place.
- Step 6: Finally, add topcoat to seal the design! All done! Easy right?
This is the finished look I created with the decals! My favourite has to be the little birdcage. It’s so beautiful! I could never freehand it to look that perfect. That’s what I love about water decals, being able to wear a design you wouldn’t be able to create using brushes. And that they are so easy to apply, there’s no mess, no dry-time or smearing. Honestly hassle-free!
You can find these beautiful Birdcage water decals for $6.39 at KKCenterHK. Make sure to check out their huge range of decals, they have lots of amazing designs to choose from. They kindly gave me a coupon code for my readers, “VERYEMILY” gets you a 10% discount on your order! Have you ever tried water decals? Let me know in the comments!
Thank you, emilydenisephotography
Check out emilydenisephotography blog