2013年1月9日 星期三

notd and review purple purple nails by walkinmyeyeshadow

Hey ladies,

Today I have a lovely Nail of the Day and review for you. I was recently contacted by KKCenterhk, an online beauty supply store which sells a variety of nail art, eye lashes and makeup products and asked if I would like to do a review of some of their products.


I chose to review some of their water slide decals because I haven't used these before an I wanted to try something outside of my comfort zone and this is the manicure I came up with. 


As a colour base for this manicure I used two coats of China Glaze "Tantalize Me", a pale lilac purple with a blue shimmer. I then applied a water slide decal to each finger, keeping the butterflies on my thumbs and ring fingers only.


To add a little bit of extra dimension to the nail, I sprinkled a glitter mix of iridescent purple fine and hex glitters that I mixed myself over wet clear polish using a fan brush. The iridescent glitter reflects a mixture of gold and green depending on how the light hits it.


The glitter left the surface of the nails slightly gritty, so I smoothed out the surface using a combination of one coat of China Glaze Patent Leather Top Coat and one layer of Seche Vite. This also made the surface of the nails lovely and shiny and helps to hide the edges of the decals



..:: ITEMS USED ::..
 China Glaze Calcium Gel Fortifier
China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat
China Glaze "Tantalize Me" (2 coats)
Purple Flower and Butterfly water slide decals (available here)
Iridescent purple glitter mix
China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat
Seche Vite
 
 This is what the decals looked like before I used them. For those who don't know how to use water slide decals here is a quite how to guide:

1. Remove water decals from packaging and remove any plastic layer covering the decals
2. Choose correct size of water decal for each nail and carefully cut around image
3. Place water decal into a small bowl of water, let sit in water for 1 minute to allow image to seperate from the water slide backing
4. Using tweezers, carefully apply image to the nail making sure it lays flat on the surface of the nail. Removing excess water with a cotton pad
5. Apply top coat to seal in the design

I found these decals simple to use but if you are really not a person who is into fiddling with their nail designs, I would probably pass. When removed from the water slide backing, the decal has a tendency to want to fold, I had to take care with this and wasted a few of the decals because they folded and dried on me, but as long as the decal is wet, they are maneuverable.

These water slide decals are available from KKCenterhk for AU$2.79
Please note that these were sent to me by the company for review but that in no way influences any comments in this post
Water slide decals are an easy way of adding a little something more to a nail design and KKCenterhk has a really large variety. I have another set of decals I will be posting a review on later. What are your thoughts on these for your nail art?


Thank you, walkinmyeyeshadow
Check out walkinmyeyeshadow blog
http://www.walkinmyeyeshadow.com/2012/10/notd-and-review-purple-butterfly-nails.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言