Bonjour mes amis! It's official, fall is here and I'm eager to dress up in rich colors, cozy fabrics, luxurious scarves and tough leather! My association with fall is a depiction of me rushing to the subway to get to class, with bitter NY wind slapping my face, and my grande mocha soothing my nerves as I scramble to find my metro card. It's a story most New Yorkers are familiar with and one I am happy to leave behind! This year, I'm celebrating not having to rush to class, and I'm also excited to change up the look of my autumn makeup from school appropriate to party ready!
Today's makeup is dark, shimmery and demure -- perfect for nighttime and fit for a City-Kitty! I'm a huge fan of darker makeup, it always makes me feel like a chic, sleek, powerful heroine in an awesome thriller, and I'm excited to tell you all about it :)) P. S. This look can be achieved in under $30 -- those are some serious savings that any street-smart city chick can appreciate!
Read more for info, deets, tips & how-to!
I'm talking about: Prestige Cosmetics
Established over 30 years ago, Prestige Cosmetics is sold and recognized in over 46 countries in stores such as Duane Reade, Rite Aid, ULTA and Navarro’s in addition to a large online presence. Prestige offers high quality makeup at drug-store prices and a wide range of products covering all your cosmetic needs. Whether you are looking for hydrating lipsticks, long lasting liquid eyeliners or face and eye primers, Prestige has it all.
In my school days, I've often turned to Prestige for lip liners and eye liners -- the products were always available at my corner Duane Reade and were ridiculously affordable, even for a student! Of course, I always appreciated and still am impressed by the quality and range of the products, that's why I am very excited to feature this brand on my blog. I can easily vouch for Prestige makeup -- it is simply great!
On to the Maquillage!
This "Prestigious" makeup look was completed using:
- Prestige Cosmetics Indulge Me Eye Palette ($9.99) -- eye makeup
- Prestige Cosmetics Liquid Eyeliner in Big Teal ($5.75) -- used on the lower lash line
- Prestige Cosmetics Classic Eyeliner in Masquerade ($3.95) -- used on the water line
- Prestige Cosmetics Color Treating Anti-Aging lipstick in Beautifully Buff ($5.50)
- Prestige Cosmetics Classic Lipstick in Snob ($3.95)
- Primed & Ready Unbudgable Eye Primer
- Mini Eyeliner Pencil in Black
- EYESHADOWS: (names added in Photoshop)
- First Class -- ultra sparkly pink champagne (used as the brow highlight)
- Majestic -- ultra sparkly eggplant purple (used on the inner lid)
- Royalty -- ultra sparkly turquoise (used on the center lid)
- Jetsetter -- shimmery dark teal (used on the outer lid)
- Five Star -- ultra sparkly silver / white (used on the inner corner)
- V.I.P. -- shimmery gunmetal / blue duochrome (used on the wing)
- DESCRIPTION: This palette includes 6 vibrant shades of varying degrees of sparkly and shimmery finishes. The colors are highly pigmented, opaque, and consistent. Shimmery shades are slightly more dense, while the sparkly shades offer more of a glittery effect. The primed & ready primer goes on smooth with a cooling effect and dries slightly tacky, which is the perfect formula for sparkly eye shadows. The Black mini eyeliner is soft, creamy and ultra dark.
- VERDICT: The Indulge Me palette is absolutely perfect and I couldn't be more pleased. The color collection is rich and dazzling with 6 complementary shades that can be worn together or alone. The primer works great, while the mini eyeliner is super smooth and perfect for smoldering looks. I've been testing out this palette for about a week and I literally have no complains. The palette is made of a soft cardboard foam and is the exact size of the Deluxe Shadow Box Palette by Urban Decay (though the colors are completely different). The Indulge Me Palette is perfect for travel and is officially my go-to eye collection for parties and nighttime!
- Eye makeup this shimmery and opaque is almost impossible to achieve without a colorful sticky base, but these shadows just don't need it -- I am extremely impressed!!
CITY KITTY EYES HOW-TO:
- Prime your lids with Prestige Primed & Ready primer and allow a few seconds for it to set.
- Using a flat shader brush and patting motions, apply your eyeshadow starting with the inner part of the lid and working towards the outer portion: Majestic, Royalty, Jetsetter, respectively. TIP: Clean off the brush between colors and layer the shadows to blend the transitions, while keeping the shape parallel to your top lash line.
- Extend the outer corner wing with the mini eyeliner pencil and draw a cat eye shape to connect with the top edge of the shadows.
- Fill in the cat eye wing with VIP and blend the transition. Line the lower lash line with the edge of the shader brush.
- Highlight and extend the inner corner using Five Star and add a highlight under the brow arch using First Class.
- Rim the waterline with Masquerade pencil liner and line the inner two thirds of the lower lash line with Big Teal liquid liner.
- Apply your falsies and Voila!
Complete this night-lovin' City Kitty look with badass studded lashes!
- Product: Elise Decorated False Eyelashes With Black Sparkle Studs item # 235
- Purchase: kkcenterhk.com
- 10% OFF Coupon: MARYAM
- Price: $4.50
- These lashes are subtle, yet effective, giving this look an additional dose of edge, without competing with the eye shadows. The reflective studs play up the eyeshadow, while the thicker band of the lashes is a great substitute for eyeliner (since I'm not wearing any). These lashes are lightweight and easy to wear.
The following photos were taken with Photobooth in an effort to showcase the true wow-factor of the Indulge Me Palette eye shadows. Just look at all that sparkle!!! Even with natural lighting and no flash, these photos don't have the same effect as in real life. Again, I am so in love with this palette!
Thank you, maryammaquillage
Check out maryammaquillage blog