2013年4月1日 星期一

Gunmetal Studs By legallynailed


Today's post is another review of products from KKCenterHK! This time around I wanted to try studs to create a badass mani! I got these Circular Grey 2mm studs. The studs are really a gunmetal colour (and not grey). I chose the smaller sized ones because my nails are really tiny so this size seemed like the perfect fit!


I wanted to create a kind of metallic, bad-ass, rocker look, so I used dark and metallic colours to complement the studs!


I started off with 2 coats of Orly Liquid Vinyl (black). Next, I created a thick strip down the centre of my nail using OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous. Then I finished it off with another thinner line down the centre using my Art Club striper in Solid Silver. You can't really see Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous  in the pictures because it's more sheer and shimmery as compared to the silver foil polish, but I think it adds some depth and texture to the mani!!


Next, I just stuck on the studs using topcoat. You could use nail glue as well if you prefer. Just dab on some topcoat where you want to place the stud and immediately place the stud on top. It's best to use a normal topcoat instead of a fast-drying one so that you have more time to apply the studs and so that you still can move it around if you place it wrongly.


However, like all nail appliqués, the studs started dropping off by the next day!! :( It's especially annoying when you're out and you have no way of re-applying the fallen stud.


I really love this look! Reminds me of steel box with bolts.


KKCenterHK stocks all sorts of nail art supplies and other beauty products. Be sure to check them out!

Enter LNAILED at checkout to get a 10% discount!!!

Hope you enjoyed my post!!

- Xun

Thank you, legallynailed
Check out legallynailed blog
http://legallynailed.blogspot.sg/2013/03/gunmetal-studs.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言