2013年4月12日 星期五

Review! SAVA/Çava Bright and Shiny Eye Shadow (4# Angel White) By gyarurin





Thank you so much to KKCenterhk for sending me the SAVA Bright and Shiny Eye Shadow in #4 Angel White! As well as this eyeshadow, they have lots of other pretty, shiny colours, as well as concealers, blusher, and a brow kit, too! :)

Here are some WIP photos showing the Angel White eyeshadow!

No eyeshadow~... (Just e.l.f eyelid primer)


With just the SAVA #4 eye shadow! (Yup, I used my Minnie ears to hold my hair out of the way. XD)

Appearance: It's a sheer white, that mostly adds sparkle and paleness rather than an obvious white colour, though it can be built up. If you want a strong, shimmering white, it would be best to use a solid matte then put this on top. However, I think it works great on its own!

To really let this eyeshadow 'shine', I just used one other colour:

... The dark matte brown from my contour palette!


I then used the Solone Liquid Liner (probably my next review) and applied false lashes. Although I was impressed by the length and style of the Dolly Wink No.2 eyelashes, I wasn't really happy with how they look on me. So, being a stubborn girl, instead of giving in and saying "They just don't suit me," I gave them another go. XD


(One on, one off.)


Both on! I decided not to use lower false eyelashes, but put more mascara on my natural ones. After that, on a whim, I decided to put liquid liner on my lower lash line without anything else. Should have blended it out with a little black eyeshadow, but I just didn't want to. XD


Here's the finished look (including lip gloss):


  

It's reeeeally great for doing the inner corner/'eye bags' with! ♡ It's also really good layered with eye pencil etc. for a more intense and precise look, as you an see in my Ayu Kamasaki makeup. :)

A common problem I have with eyeshadow is that it creases, but I wore this look for several hours with no problem (with just the help of primer; nothing used to set it).

After a bit over 4 hours:



After approx. 8 hours:


 The sparkles have migrated onto the liner (and the lashes a bit) and it's faded a little, but most of the difference is just due to the fact I had to use flash and it's darker. The overall shape of the eyeshadow is still easy to see and there is no creasing!


I was touching my face and even my eye area quite a lot throughout the day, as well. ^.^;;


Packaging:

 
It arrived in a little box, and the actual product packaging is really sturdy. It comes with not only a mirror inside, but also an attached eyeshadow applicator sponge!



I usually use my finger or a brush, but the sponge definitely comes in handy, especially using the side to apply it under the inner corners of the eye. :) The sponge stays inside its protector very well, so this is a great product to keep in your handbag. (Not that you will really need to top up, but it's perfect for brightening your eye area on the go!)

Other Uses:

For this makeup, I applied a little of the SAVA Bright and Shiny #4 on my nose highlight and over my cheekbones, but it is a little sparkly rather than just being a sheen, so you can see the particles if you look up close. Fine if you don't mind being glittery, but its main purpose is definitely as eyeshadow. :) As you can see from the '8 hours later' photos, this eyeshadow could look very pretty over a plain eyeliner, or possibly dark eyeshadow, if you want to give it a bit of sparkle. :) I think it would look gorgeous over navy or dark purple eyeliner as well!


Happy Easter! :)


Thank you, gyarurin
Check out gyarurin blog
http://gyarurin.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/review-savacava-bright-and-shiny-eye.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言