2013年6月11日 星期二

Eyeliner Stickers review (kkcenterhk) & tips By life-and-lemonade

 Friendly folks from kkcenterhk wanted me to review a product for you guys and I choose these eyeliner stickers. I really wanted to try something little different and bolder that I wouldn't normally purchase so I thought eyeliner stickers would be fun since I never tried them before.

The moment I saw these on their website, I was in love. They are really classy, modern and fun so when they arrived in my mailbox I couldn't wait to try them out. 


You get 4 pairs of stickers on a white sheet; 2 bold dramatic pairs with detail golden ornaments and 2 more subtle wearable ones.

Tip: Be extra careful when removing stickers from the sheet since they can bend and fold easily, or even rip. I bent the white sheet at a spot where the inner corner of the sticker starts and used my tweezers to carefully life the tip and remove the sticker from the sheet.


They come with instructions that tell you our lids should be clean.
Tip: I realized this means no make-up applied on the lids as well because I tried to combine the stickers with eyeshadow look and they didn't stick well at all. Serves me right for ignoring instructions.
Sadly, that means these stickers are meant to be worn alone, perhaps some eyeshadow in the crease wouldn't hurt but be careful.

So, the first pair that I tried were the smaller ones and I didn't really like what they did to my eye shape. The thick part in the middle of the sticker made my eye look rounder (which is great if you like that shape for your eyes), I just didn't really dig it. I think these are primarily made for asiantype of eyes, I realized upon seeing they were way too small to cover my entire lash line and the roundish shape I mention would also work very well in favor for their eye shape.
However, you can make them work, it'll just take a bit tilting until you find the right spot to place them.
Also, it wasn't very easy to apply them. If you apply them wrong the first time, that's pretty much it because when you remove it and try again they totally lose their grip and sticking ability.
Tip: Before you remove it from the sheet, cut the sticker, still on the sheet,  following very closely the sticker line. That way you can plan where to place it on your eye without having to actually stick it and then remove it when you're wrong. Wish I tried this before sticking the first one on wrong.

The corners gave me a bit of trouble, as well.
1.Inner one simply refused to stick no matter how many times I adjust it and press it firmly and hold.
2. Same happened with the outter one, even though this one would stick for a few seconds and then start to come off with a few blinks.
Tip: Use lash glue on the inner and outter corner of the sticker. I used just a little drop and completely solved this issue.


Another thing I wasn't really fond off is the fact that you can see the invisible plastic line tracing all around the sticker. Maybe you can't see it on photos much but it's noticeable in real life.

On the plus side they are soft, thin enough for your eye to get used to them. The feeling is the same with wearing false lashes. It's odd at first but after a few minutes your eye gets used to them and you no longer feel them.

Moving on to other pair.
I had quite a different experience with these. They were a LOT easier to apply (I'm assuming because they're quite bigger) and the grip was also much better.
1.Only used a hint of lash glue on the inner corner just in case.
2. Tip: If you have big eyelids like me try to manage to avoid the crease corner because when you open your eyes the sticker will totally bend into the crease looking wrong and awkward. Map it out so you leave this part of the eye free.
3. When I figured out where they would work for me, the outter tip almost reached my brow. This is perfectly fine for me but some of you might think this is a tad too dramatic for you. Again, I'm assuming these were made mostly for asian type of eyes where this would work differently.
Tip: You will probably also need to fill in the gap between the sticker and lashes with black pencil/eyeliner/eyeshadow.

Added a bit mascara. I simply love how these look on my eyes.

Here's a pic of the whole face so you can see the entire story and judge for yourself. 

Bottom line:
PROs:
- $3.60  is more or less OK price for these
- soft, bendable, thin
- beautiful designs, many to choose from
- reusable few more times if you use some lash glue

CONs:
- tricky, time-consuming application (if you're first timer at it, like me)
- size was too small for me

Even though I struggled in the beggining I like these stickers, they were fun for me to try out and wear. If nothing else, they take a great picture. This experience woke up curiosity for these kinds of products in me.
What do you guys think?

Koa :*

Thank you, life-and-lemonade
Check out life-and-lemonade blog
http://life-and-lemonade.blogspot.hk/2013/05/eyeliner-stickers-review-kkcenterhk-tips.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言