2013年9月16日 星期一

KKCentreHK Review UPDATED By totally-nailed

 *Products in this post were provided for an honest review*

Hi there!

Today I have two products from KKCentreHK; a plastic stamping plate and some circle studs.




First up is the stamping plate. Now you may notice that there isn't a review of this product! And that's because I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to use it! I tried to follow the instructions on their website but couldn't understand them and I also emailed the company but didn't get a reply...UDATE- Thanks to the lovely Helen and Kerrie I have managed to use the stamp...carry on reading for the review!***

Here's the stamp up close:
Back
Front
Now if any of you guys know how this works then please share! I will be more than willing to post a real review of this if I can understand how to work it. You can find the stamping plate here.

***
Ok so we've had a break through! I've managed to use the stamp...



I used W7 White as the base and then did some rummaging and practicing for the best black to use for the stamping. I went with an old bottle of Collection Liquorice as it was a little thicker. 

The idea of this stamp is to paint the rubber image with your polish, press the image onto a piece of paper until the excess comes off and then stamp onto your nail. For me, this was just too much messing to start off with. Also the images didn't transfer as well as I'd have hoped, often leaving smudges like the ones on my ring finger. 
The images themselves aren't big enough to cover my nails; if you have tiny nails you will get away with using these but mine are too long. The large rubber surface is too big and clumsy to let you see where you're stamping your image- my pinky took 3 tries until I gave up!

I liked the designs of the stamps, especially the ones on my index and ring finger-that's about all the good I have to say unfortunately. I personally prefer a metal stamp plate, scraper and rubber stamp (such as the Konad and Bundle Monster ones). This just didn't do it for me.


I had a little more luck with the circle studs! 


These are pretty self explanatory. I applied a coat of OPI Top Coat over my mani of China Glaze Man Hunt and then used a dotting tool to pick the 'studs' up and place on my nail. I allowed the top coat to dry and they stuck really well.



My only issue with these is that they are just too big! They completely take over my nail. I don't have particularly small nail beds either. These come in at 6mm, if they were around 3mm I think they'd work so much better! 
The fact they're so big also means that they don't lie flat on your nail.


Now you can bend these a little to shape them to your nail, but if I'm honest I don't have the patience or time to be doing that for all ten nails! The concept of these is good but they definitely need work on improving them to avoid the 'robbed my dad's tool box for nail art supplies' look. The circle 'studs' can be found here.

Don't let this review put you off completely. The online store has TONS of nail art supplies, really, it's like Aladdin's cave. The glitters look great..although check out some more reviews before committing to buy! The shipping was fast-within a week, which is great for goods coming from China. 


What do you think? Would you wear 'studs' this large? Have you tried the stamp!?
X




Thank you, totally-nailed
Check out totally-nailed blog
http://www.totally-nailed.com/2013/06/kkcentrehk-review.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言