2013年9月16日 星期一

Yes, that is actually a butterfly on my nail! By polishedelegance


3D butterfly nail art pink butterfly nail art manicure nail polish skittlette manicure skittle manicure

I have been lucky enough to be asked by KKCenterHK to review a couple of products for them, and when I got the opportunity to choose what I wanted to review, of course I chose the pink 3D butterfly! I really love butterflies, I even have a butterfly tattoo :-O

3D butterfly nail art pink butterfly nail art manicure nail polish skittlette manicure skittle manicure

I wanted to do a skittlette inspired by ChitChatNails, so I started by applying two coats of OPI - My Boyfriend Scales the Walls on all nails except my pinky. On my pinky I applied two coats of IsaDora - Pink Crush (gorgeous polish!!). Then I sponged a gradient on my ring and middle finger with OPI - Can't Find My Czechbook. I applied a thick coat of top coat to my ring finger and stuck the butterfly on while it was still wet. I pressed the butterfly down pretty hard on my nail, so the polish sort of "grabbed" around it. For a final touch I added white dots to simulate the butterfly flying and dots og Pink Crush at the base of my index and thumb.

3D butterfly nail art pink butterfly nail art manicure nail polish skittlette manicure skittle manicure

Isn't it CUTE?! :D I love these colors together, so bright and summer-like.

3D butterfly nail art pink butterfly nail art manicure nail polish skittlette manicure skittle manicure

And the butterfly is so pretty, I'm not exactly sure what kind of material it is made of, but it looks like some kind of clear plastic. It's stiff and will poke out if you have very curved nails like me. But the edges are smooth so you won't scratch yourself. On their website it says to apply with nail glue, I only used top coat, and I only had it on for a little over 24 hours, but it went through showering, cleaning, a day at work and general life, and it showed no signs of loosening. 

3D butterfly nail art pink butterfly nail art manicure nail polish skittlette manicure skittle manicure

I removed it by dipping a brush in nail polish remover and painting around the butterfly. It really took forever, so I'm pretty sure it would have stayed on for a few days if I hadn't taken it off (if I could avoid picking at it of course). There was some polish stuck to the butterfly after I took it off, so I tried to remove that as well, but I ended up taking with me some of the backing! So be careful when cleaning it up, and you will be able to use it again :)

3D butterfly nail art pink butterfly nail art manicure nail polish skittlette manicure skittle manicure

This exact butterfly called "BLUESEA-TB03C" and it is unfortunately sold out at the moment, but they have many other butterflies in all kinds of colors to choose from, as well as other fun shapes!

The butterflies come in a pack of two and cost $4, but they feel like good quality and I'm sure that if you remove them carefully they can be used multiple times. However, I'm just noticing as I type this that the details on the butterfly pictured here are slightly washed out, while the details on the butterfly on my other hand are much better! That's not very cool... Wish I had noticed that before I did the mani so I could have the best butterfly in the pictures :-/

3D butterfly nail art pink butterfly nail art manicure nail polish skittlette manicure skittle manicure3D butterfly nail art pink butterfly nail art manicure nail polish skittlette manicure skittle manicure

Still, I think it's cute :) What do you think aboutt 3D nail art?

**Products in this post were provided for my honest review, all opinions are my own**


Thank you, polishedelegance
Check out polishedelegance blog
http://polishedelegance.blogspot.no/2013/06/yes-that-is-actually-butterfly-on-my.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言