2013年9月26日 星期四

Neon Pastel Blend By poppingnails

 I really like how these turned out, I had been wanting to try out these circle stripe studs for a while and I knew I wanted to use them with a simpler design. I've also been seeing a lot of the highly embellished design at the base of the nail and I wanted to try that out also.


I called this a neon pastel blend as I did use neon colours but I wanted them more muted like pastels so neon pastel is what this look shall be known as. To get the effect I wanted,  I mixed my neon colours with clear polish and then dabbed them onto the nail to get them blended and slightly layered up. I used a base of Barry M Matt White just to make the neons stand out and be opaque, I then used Barry M Greenberry, not a neon but I love the colour, American Apparel Neon Yellow, Sinful Colors 24/7 and Models Own Tangerine Queen. I then used three layers of Sally Hansen Polar Bare, a sheer white, to mute the neons and give it the milky effect I wanted. I then used these 3mm silver circle striped studsfrom KKCenterHK on all my nails along with these pearls and then lilac and blue rhinestones.

Click through below to read the full review of the studs

I knew I wanted to try out these studs as soon as I saw them as I'd never seen patterned studs before and I really like the contrast between the round shape and the sharp lines etched in. I don't actually have a lot of round studs, only plain 2mm gold ones and I've always thought that 3mm round studs looked really nice on the nail as they're not too big or small.


As you can tell by the picture, they are concave which is always good for a stud as you know they're going to stick to the nail a lot better. I have to say in all honesty, I've never had studs stay on my nails this long. I've been wearing them for 5 days now and not a single one has popped off, not even on my right hand which I use more often. What is good about rounded studs is that there is nothing to get pulled off. What I mean by that is normally square studs will get caught at the corners and pull off but as there are no corners, any material or object will go around the stud and won't knock it off. I have quite curved nails on my ring and little finger and I know 4mm studs stick out quite a bit on my little finger but these 3mm studs don't stick up at all and lie completely flat. I would recommend these to anyone who is looking for an interesting decoration/stud as I think 3mm is a nice feature size and the lines make them even more unique.

These studs can be found be bought at KKCenterHK for $5.28 or £3.50 which I think is a great price for such unique studs especially as, like I always say, it's so hard to find nail art decorations in the UK. Let me know in the comments what your favourite nail art decorations are to use, I'd love know if you use something you think I would like!

Thank you, poppingnails
Check out poppingnails blog
http://poppingnails.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/neon-pastel-blend.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言