2013年9月12日 星期四

NOTD : Shooting Stars By leonacarolina


Recently I was contacted by KKCenterHK who asked if I would like to review a couple of their products. Of course I agreed! They sell a whole lot of awesome stuff, from make-up to false eyelashes to wigs to clothing. I went for the nail art stuff and I was able to select two items to review. Today I have the first to show off.
image
image
I chose this little pot of multicoloured star glitters! It is listed on the KKCenterHK website as ‘N.NAIL 2.5mm Mix Star Glitter’ with the product code NNAIL-Mix-Star-2-5mm. One container retails for US$8 and you can buy it here. There is so much glitter in the jar, you will never run out!
As soon as I saw the star glitter on their website, I knew exactly what I was going to use it for. Check out my mani!
image
image
image
I started out with a base of NYX Girls Robotic (blue shimmer in a black base). Then I freehanded the ‘tail’ of the shooting star with a small nail art brush and Color Club Sex Symbol (silver glitter in a clear base). For extra sparkle, I went over Sex Symbol with China Glaze Fairy Dust. To attach the star glitters, I popped down a tiny amount of nail glue and gently placed the star on top. I finished with a thick coat of Seche Vite. This mani was super simple but I think it looks awesome!
The star glitters were very easy to work with. I used a pair of tweezers to pick them up from the jar and place them on my nail, but you could probably use a wax pencil like the ones for picking up studs.They did stick up a little on my nail, so I would suggest using two coats of top coat or even something like Gelous if this is a problem for you. Overall, a really great product! I am already thinking of more ways to use my stars.


Thank you, leonacarolina
Check out leonacarolina blog
http://leonacarolina.tumblr.com/post/52836208868/notd-shooting-stars

沒有留言:

張貼留言