2013年9月25日 星期三

Sponsored Review: JOJO Eye Shadow No. J08-01 By mysticthorn



Please note that although this is a sponsored review, the thoughts and opinions stated are 100% my own.

Sorry for the late post guys! Had such a crazy morning; I woke up with a nice insect bite on my leg, had to doll up, do all of the food shopping, and then do some vacuuming. Such fun things to do on an extremely humid day...

But enough of the complaining, today I shall be reviewing an eyeshadow palette given to me byKKCenterHK. This is a bit overdue as I received the item two weeks ago, but haven't been able to use it until today.

I'll skip the postage and packaging because they are always amazing at it, plus I've reviewed some of their products which you can view here. So let's get onto the actual product, shall we?

The product in question is JOJO Eye Shadow No. J08-01 (bit of a mouthful, isn't it?).




Let's see what each shade looks like on the skin:





Now it looks like a black/grey/white palette on the website, but as you can see in the photos there is a slight purple hue to one of the darker colours.  Having a base makes the eye shadow a lot easier to see so I would definitely recommend wearing either foundation, BB Cream or a primer before you put on this eyeshadow.
Yet with a base the two lightest colours still aren't that visible against the skin, so I decided to wear it to investigate further!


I first put a layer of the silver eyeshadow, hoping it to blend nicely with my base colour - which will be the purple one - so that it'll look like a glittery purple. Then I added the black to the corner of my eyes and onto my lower lash line, blending it with the other colours. Then I dotted some of the white on the inner corner or my eye and below my brows.

I was a bit disappointed that the white didn't show up much on the skin, but the other colours worked perfectly. I decided to put on some lashes to see how well the eyeshadow would show with that and some eyeliner.


This eyeshadow is actually perfect for the dramatic look now that I have my lashes on! Therefore:

Appearance 
I am unfortunately going to give it only three stars because although the dark colours worked really well, I was quite disappointed that the white one didn't seem to show up very well on my skin, and the silver... Well, only the glitter was left behind.

Usability (how easy it was to apply) 
It was really easy to apply but I had to use several layers of the lighter colours in order for it to show on the skin.

Overall 
This palette wasn't as good as I expected, but then again the purple and the black eyeshadow worked extremely well together! I would love to try out the silver again but maybe without the purple, just to see how well it'll work for a dark and dramatic look.

To purchase this product simply click here to be redirected to the KKCenterHK website. They also sell a variety of products - and I highly recommend their lashes - so take a look at them too!









Thank you, mysticthorn
Check out mysticthorn blog
http://mysticthorn.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/sponsored-review-jojo-eye-shadow-no-j08.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言