2013年10月7日 星期一

Eyebrow set by Çava: kkcenterhk.com By life-and-lemonade

 I've been getting close to finishing my Essence eyebrow set and been looking for a good replacement. I loved the Essence kit because the light shade suited me almost perfectly (was a bit too dark) and it lasted long and filled brows really well. When kkcenterhk offered me to review another item I chose this pretty eyebrow set. It came in one week from Hong Kong which is actually great and it came in a pretty carboard protection cardboard like this.


The true product package is mat with glossy fantasy pattern which I find so nice, I simply adore little details like this, they give the product much more personality and as a girl I always love to look at beautiful things.


Three shades are included. A light brown eyeshadow for blondes, an ashy brown shadow I would also say is also intended for blondes and a creamy chocolate brown gel-like texture.


Shades in the photo are slightly lighter than in real life. As you can tell at the first sight, this is an eyebrow palette made mostly forblondes. I find that combining the two eyeshadows I can fill and shape my brows perfectly and the shade is true to my hair color. It gives it good definition. However, I was puzzled by the brown creamy gel. It's too creamy to serve as a brown filler, it's kinda patchyand hard to blend. When applied it looks very unrealistic and ridiculous and it's so creamy that it is impossible to apply a small amount.


The best side of this palette are these two eyebrow brushes! I did not expect it but these are amazing! So firm with quality bristlesand thin enough for brows and perhaps even some gel eyeliners.


I am used to immediately ditching most of the applicators that come with the product but I am definitely keeping these. 

I tried to apply the brown supstance as a gel eyeliner but it's simply too creamy, perhaps it'll be usefull as a base for dark brown shadows. I also applied small amount of it on my brows which wasn't very clever since it's way too dark for me.


You can see how weird it looks here. Perhaps a mascara-type brush and a hint of the product would be the trick for me. I will keep on trying.


All in all, it strenghtens my brows and give the eye a bit of a definition which is ultimately all I ask out of these kinds of products.


PROs:
- good pigmentation
- suitable shades for blondes (both PRO and CON)
- great two applicators
- pretty packaging 

CONs:
- price is a bit high but not too much ($13.63)
- texture of the brown gel is weird and not suitable for brows
- shades are made for blondes so unless you have light brows you won't be able to do much with this product

All in all, I liked it. Here are the ingredients and the rest of the info.





You can check out the product page here.
Hope you enjoyed the review. Don't forget to use code LEMONADELIFE on kkcenterhk to get 10% off. :D

Thank you, life-and-lemonade
Check out life-and-lemonade blog
http://life-and-lemonade.blogspot.hk/2013/06/eyebrow-set-by-cava-kkcenterhkcom_9.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言