2013年10月18日 星期五

KKCENTERHK REVIEW By eeeeknailpolish


*these products were sent to me to review*
Hey Guys
Long Post Alert! Actually that’s a lie. This is an ultra-mega-uber-long post alert. You have been suitably warned lol!
What. A. Week! It’s been bonkers – early starts, late nights and I’ve probably seen Mr Eeeek for a total of 2 hours this week. Proper Rubbish. Definitely time for Wine.
A while a go, I received an email from KKCenterHK.com asking if I would like to review some of their products. For those of you who don’t know about KKCenterHK, they are an on-line shop that sells loads and loads of beauty accessories including false, eyelashes, wigs (bouffant anyone?) and of course… Nail art goodies.
I was able to pick what I wanted to review from a selection of nail studs so I opted for the 6mm White Hearts studs ($5.00 / £3.15 for 50 pcs) and the 3mm Grey/Silver circle studs.($4.23 /£2.67 for 50pcs) Both sets of studs came in a resealable blue packet like this.
Pack Shot
The 3 mm Grey/Silver studs are nicely made; no rough edges to catch anything on :-)The only difference with these (which I really liked) is that they are a more gunmetal grey; slightly darker than other studs I’ve tried. You can just about make out the colour difference here (the KKCenterHK one is on the left):
Studs compareNow, when I picked the 6mm White Hearts studs (I got the white ones for reason which will be come clear later on….) I was interested to see just how big they were because 6mm sounded massive and I was worried that they were’nt going to fit even on my longish nails but they are actually a workable size. Because they’re flat, there was no way that they were going to fit on my curved nails so I had to bend them a little.
In the past I’ve tried to curve the stud around the end of a paint brush and sometimes that worked but I found an easier method.
  • Grab some cotton pads and place your stud, face down on the pads, then using the end of a dotting tool, gently push the tip of the tool into the top of the heart (where the two curves meet)
1.Dotting Tool
  • You may need to do a few firm but gentle presses and viola!
2.Curved
It’s curved! It will now fit on your nail better :-) Hurrah to that!
You might need to practice a few times to get it right and if your nail’s are like mine, each one will have different curve to them anyway so you’ll have to experiment and find the right curve for each individual nail. WARNING! I started off by placing the stud in the palm of my hand to do this….. yep, no prizes for guessing what happened next… I stabbed myself with the dotting tool right through the palm of my hand… (I’m not a bright woman sometimes…) But this was all for you, guys!! I take these kind of monumental risks with nail art so you don’t have too! You’re welcome!
So, it’s about time is showed you some nail art with these!
For this mani I used:
  • China Glaze ‘Liquid Leather’ (base colour) 2 coats
  • Natural Collection Nail Tip whitener (base colour) 2 coats
  • 6mm White Heart Nail Studs
  • 3mm Grey/Silver Studs
  • Cheeky XL plate A
  • Kondad Black Stamping polish
  • Seche Vite
KKCenterHK Studs 2
KKCenterHK Studs 1
The reason I went for the white version of these studs (they also come in red, pink and silver) is that I wanted to stamp over them! The cheeky XL plate A had 3 checker-board designs in varying sizes of check which was great as it made each stud slightly different but still within the same theme. Stamping the studs was easy:
1.Place your studs down a suitable surface (I used the back of a stamping plate)
3.Start
2. Stamp over your stud
4.Stamping
3. Carefully pick it off the stamper
5.Stamped4. Tada!! Your stud has been stamped!
6.Tada!
I’m really rather pleased with how the stamping came out on the studs but I would be extra careful putting topcoat over this; I didn’t on the photos above as the trial run resulted in the black smearing. This was because the studs sit proud on the nail, so it’s really difficult to ‘float’ the brush. Next time I will give them a coat of SV after I’ve stamped and before I’ve fixed them onto the nail. I’m really keen to try out other colours and patterns with these :-)
Finally (if there are any of you still actually reading this and haven’t gone into some sort of coma) I’m pleased to be able to offer you a discount code for KKCenterHK! Simply enter EEEEKNAILPOLISH at the checkout to receive a 10% discount on your order! (valid until 31/01/2014)
That’s all for today folks so enjoy the rest of your Friday night (whatever you’re doing) and I’ll see you all soon!
EeeekNP x


Thank you, eeeeknailpolish
Check out eeeeknailpolish blog
http://eeeeknailpolish.com/2013/09/13/kk-center-hk-review/

沒有留言:

張貼留言