2014年3月27日 星期四

Pot o' Gold Glitter Placement Mani by nailslikelace

You know when you get an idea in your head for a mani, then when you do it, it turns out looking somewhat like you imagined, but not entirely? That happened to me with this design.

 


I got the idea to do a rainbow across my nails, curving off my index finger so you see basically just one leg of the rainbow, and ending in a pot of gold on my pinky with coins falling down the rainbow.

When I got these round gold glitters from KKCenterHk, I knew I wanted to save them for this type of mani because they made me think of little gold coins.

For this mani I used:
  • Base - Zoya Lux
  • Red - Zoya Carmen
  • Orange - Sinful Colors Clementine
  • Yellow - Zoya Darcy
  • Green - Wet'n'Wild Split Pea Soup
  • Blue - China Glaze Shower Together
  • Indigo - Zoya Monica
  • Fuchsia - Zoya Reagan

I had to topcoat before adding the "coins" because if you remember from my review of them (which is here), the glitters bleed pretty badly. So the mani didn't last as long as I would have liked, but I loved it while I wore it! I do wish you could have seen more of the base color at the tips of my nails, but I made my rainbow too thick for that. In hindsight, though, I don't think it would have looked right with a rainbow shoved into my cuticles and a ton of base color at the tips and beyond, so it is okay. :)

Lastly, a quick swatch of the base polish I used; it's a gorgeous pale pink glitterbomb texture. This is two coats Lux from Zoya's newer Magical Pixie Dust line:




Thank you, nailslikelace
Check out nailslikelace blog
http://www.nailslikelace.com/2014/03/pot-o-gold-glitter-placement-mani.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言