2014年3月18日 星期二

Review of three KKCenterHK nail art brushes by piggieluv


Hey beautiful ladies! I have another review for you today, because I received these brushes from KKCenterHK to show to you! There's three of them in a set and I'll show you what you can do with them, like this example above! Click to read more!


KKCenterHK sells lots of different sets with nail art brushes, you can see them here. I received the N.Nail set with three pointed brushes. All three of them have long handles for better control, the hairs are synthetic and they're set in metal to make cleaning them really easy!

The big brush is really easy for thick lines, and filling in larger surfaces. The medium brush suits me well for some large details in art work. The small brush is meant to be a detail brush, and it will perform this task pretty well. Although I must say, for the kind of artwork that I like to do, it's just not small enough. The most important part of a detail brush is a sharp tip, and this one is just a bit too rounded.
I put these brushes through hell testing them out. I tortured them with lots of different things like pure acetone, alcohol, non-acetone remover and ofcourse, nail polish. They stood the tests really well! The biggest problem you see with brushes like this is that the hairs start to fall out. But these held it together really well, I must say!











And this is just an example of how to use these brushes. Because what do you do with paint brushes? You paint. So I painted! I don't think I've ever uttered the word 'paint' so many times in one article :-p

My lighthouse is crooked, so please don't pay attention to that, even though I just totally called your attention to it...
I used the big brush to fill in the nail with blue at the top and green at the bottom, creating a 'base'. Then I used the medium brush to create the differences in greenery, the clouds and the accents in the clouds.

The lighthouse, the flowers and the green leaves of the flowers were painted with the small brush. It can be used in many ways, and because of the rounded tip I mentioned earlier, I chose to do a painting with loose details instead of something cartoon-like with straight, outspoken lines.

All of the artwork is done with acrylic paint, on a base of white nail polish (Only You White French) and finished with a top coat!

I thoroughly enjoyed making this art. I found this picture on the internet a while back, I used it as my inspiration. I love analyzing the painting, seeing what colors were used, how certain effects were created and how I can imitate it on a tiny, tiny scale!

The flowers in this picture were so much fun, because they didn't look like much at first. But when I added some small, easy details, suddenly they look like flowers!
This was my inspiration. It was painted by a Dutch artist called Herman Buijtenhuijs. Sadly, he died in 2010, but someone was maintaining a blog with all of his artwork on it, and that's where I found it. He painted a lot of beautiful paintings of Ameland, his favorite area of the Netherlands. It's near the North Sea shore, that's why there's a lighthouse in the painting and I really liked this little detail!
And while making a painting, I also make a mess! Don't worry, I cleaned it up.

You can find these brushes on the KKCenterHK website in the section Art/Acrylic/Gel brushes. They have many different sets and it's fun to browse through them and see which set best suits your needs.

Thanks for reading, don't forget to share and ofcourse feel free to come back any time! - See more at: http://www.piggieluv.com/2014/03/review-of-three-kkcenterhk-nail-art.html#sthash.tbzxiyig.dpuf

Thank you, piggieluv
Check out piggieluv blog
http://www.piggieluv.com/2014/03/review-of-three-kkcenterhk-nail-art.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言