2014年4月16日 星期三

Mermaid by poppingnails

I know everyone has been doing mermaid nails recently and I love them all. When I saw this glitter from KKCenterHK, I knew I had to do mermaid nails with it as it was perfect. I also had Ariel water decals that I didn't use on my Disney Princess Castle nails so I thought using them together would be a great match.


Because I didn't want to use a colour underneath my nails but I needed to put on a polish to get the glitter to stick on with, I used my new favourite Sally Hansen Peachy Keen for a nude base. I put on one layer of this and then straight away while it was wet, used a fan brush to pick up the glitter and place it on my nails. I did my index and little finger first, putting the glitter at the bottom of my nails and creating a gradient. I then put the glitter on the whole of my thumb and middle finger nails. I wasn't sure how the water decal would work over glitter so I applied it before I put the glitter on the nail around the design. I then used topcoat to apply these 3mm shell studs. I put on a topcoat on all my nails before using Sinful Colors Snow Me White to draw on the scales as it would make it smoother to paint on, to finish I put on a few coats of topcoat to smooth out the glitter. I'm really pleased with how these turned out and I think the glitter is perfect for this mermaid look. Read more below to see my review of the glitter.

This glitter pot is a mixture of two sizes of glitter, 1.5mm and 0.2mm which gives it more depth than a regular glitter. I feel as thought the best way to describe this glitter would be a green opalescent glitter with the 0.2mm glitter being green that can look gold in lighting as well.


It's a really interesting glitter and all the colours that the light picks up makes it really pretty.


This pot of glitter is full to the top and I took this picture having done both my hands and you cannot tell I've used any of it. It would definitely last you a long time even if you did full glitter nails. I really like this glitter and I'm so glad I got it, you can get it for $6.06 or $3.65 and get 10% off if you use the code poppingnails at KKCenterHK

Thank you, poppingnails
Check out poppingnails blog
http://poppingnails.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/mermaid.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言