2013年1月9日 星期三

Cheetah Skittlettes by chitchatnails

Hello Lovely Ladies,
I hope you are enjoying a good start to your weekend!

EDIT! So, in a recent post I called a two-accent nail manicure a “skittles” manicure and a reader politely pointed out that “skittle” manicures are when each nail is different.  I have, in fact, -I think- been using the term inappropriately. 
I originally wanted to call today’s post a Skittles Manicure also but, after a chat on Twitter, Lindsey from Nails 4 Dummies said “You just created a new style!! The Skittlette made famous by Marta!! “… well, who doesn’t like to be famous! ;) So I now dub my odd-multiple-accent nail manicures “Skittlettes” ;)
To pull this look together I used KKCenterHk Water Decals in “Glittering Golden Hearts & Love Words”:
(photo taken by kkcenterhk.com)
This package of Water Decals contails 20 separate stickers.  That means you can get 2 full manicures or multiple accent nail manicures out of one package.
These decals have a solid (very opaque) black finish with bright yellow-gold shimmery glitter accents.  When placed on the nail surface they are completely flat (the glittery bits are NOT course) which is a huge bonus for someone like me who doesn’t like the feel of gritty-glitter.
(while I enjoy animal print on my nails, I don’t gravitate towards it on my clothing BUT, I do have a cheetah scarf… and it HAD to be pulled out for this photo) ;)
The other thing I like about this particular set of KKCenterHK water decals is that the images are different and yet carry a unified theme (I like the sparce cheetah dots, I like the “love” in the midst and even the cute hearts throughout).  This allows for some visual interest in a full manicure.  To show you what I mean, I would like to introduce my RIGH/dominant hand (it awkwardly accepted the invitation to pose for a few photos also) ;)
If you are wondering what that FABULOUS black polish is (on my ring finger), wonder no more as I shall tell you.  That is a wax finish Cult Nails shade tentatively scheduled for release in February ;) (I will have a full photo spread on it soon ;) ).  Isn’t it exquisite?!?! (perfectly smooth two coat formula that dries to a wax-like finish)  So chick…  As this is my current manicure I keep looking down and admiring it :D *swoon*
(one round of applause for the awkward dominant hand pose ;) )
Rundown of what I used:
Pinky: three coats of Essie Ballet Slippers (a gift from the sweet Elizabeth) and Cult Nails dots
Ring Finger: two coats of Cult Nails wax finish polish (name to be announced at release)
Rest ;) : Two coats of OPI Don’t Pretzel my Buttons and KKCenterHk water decals
(If you wish to purchase anything from KKCenterHk I encourage you to use my 10% off coupon: CHITCHAT)
* * * * *
I hope you like this look.  I have always tried to avoid neutral/light nails with one dark nail (because I thought that from far away it would look like you only had one nail painted).  I threw that rule out the window this time, and boy does it feel great to break a rules sometimes!!! ;)
Any plans for the weekend?
What do you think of this look?
Have you purchased anything from KKCenterHk before?
Thoughts on the wax finish black?! ;)
THANK YOU FOR READING!


Thank you, chitchatnails
Check out chitchatnails blog
http://www.chitchatnails.com/2012/10/27/cheetah-skittles/

沒有留言:

張貼留言