2013年3月5日 星期二

A-England Lancelot and some studs! By kimberslacquerkorner

 Hello lovelies! I hope you're all enjoying your Tuesday afternoon. It's been a rough day around here, but it's getting much better. And, as a bonus, the cuticle that I managed to stab with a screwdriver while messing with my automatic seatbelt is healing fast! Hopefully it keeps going like this and stops looking like mincemeat soon!

I also wanted to mention that KLK has been mentioned in a new article at Inspa.com! Inspa is a pretty cool website with all sorts of nail art and nail care articles and health and beauty information. It's pretty cool to have one of my links used on a site that has featured bloggers like Chalkboard Nails! You can take a peek at the article here. If you click where it says " Perfect Polish" under the Classic heading, you'll see my post! Neat!  

Today I have another studded manicure to share with you all. I really wanted to do a little nail art last night, so I whipped out my silver studs I received from KKCenterHK. I honestly had no idea what I was going to do with them until about 30 seconds before I applied them - I just knew that I wanted to use them with one of my favorite vampies, A-England Lancelot.

A-England Lancelot is from The Mythicals Collection and is a deep, dark red that leans toward black. In most light it does look black, until you actually see black next to it. In sunlight it looks like a very dark Oxblood color. I love reds that are almost black, and Lancelot is absolute black-red perfection.

For this mani I started with The Knight Base Coat, then used 2 coats of Lancelot. I topped that off with a coat of Gelous, and added studs along the very tip of the nail. Once that was finished, I topped it all off with 2 coats of The Shield.
















































I do love this look. Still bold and sexy, yet not too in your face. And Lancelot! *Swoons* Adina has created the perfect near black polish. The formula is true A-England perfection and applicaton was simply dreamy. I always love applying A-England polish. I imagine it's kind of like when an artist finds their true medium.

The studs are a new item from KKCenterHK, and were so simple to use. I just dipped an orange stick into a little bit of Gelous, and placed them right onto the nail. I've used the studs you can buy at the drugstore before and they were not easy to place, and were very round and difficult to keep on the nail. These studs from KKCenterHK are much flatter, and don't have that weird sticky stuff on the bottom, which really makes them easy to place right where you want them. I didn't have any issues with the studs popping off either, which makes me incredibly happy. One of the reasons I haven't worn more studded manis was the penchant for my drugstore studs to pop of with the slightest pressure. Now that I have these, I'm definitely going to be rockin studs more often.

Another bonus with these is that they're easy to remove with plain old acetone. However, they don't melt - you can wipe them off and re-use them. Kind of an added bonus since they come in packs of around 60. I did this with the black studs that I wore awhile back, and they're in perfect condition and ready to use again. Definitely a "more bang for your buck" deal!

You can find these studs at KKCenterHK.com, item number NNAIL-DRN661, or by clicking here. They retail for $4.23 for about 60 studs, and come in a ton of shapes and colors. KKCenterHk ships free worldwide and you can use the code KimbersKorner at checkout to save 10% on your order! KKCenterHk has a TON of awesome nail art supplies, including these studs and the awesome Dragon full nail water decals that I showed you all awhile back!

A-England can be purchased through LLarowe and Ninja Polish. Due to the Royal Mail Fiasco, A-England cannot ship outside of the UK at the moment. I can't tell you how upset this makes me! Although I would be willing to pay for polish to be Fed-Exed to me, I don't know if that's a viable option for others. I hope Royal Mail pulls their heads out soon.

Are you into the studded look? How would you wear your studs?

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Polishing!
-Kimber

Thank you, kimberslacquerkorner
Check out kimberslacquerkorner blog
http://www.kimberslacquerkorner.com/2013/02/a-england-lancelot-and-some-studs.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言