2014年3月10日 星期一

Care Bears by poppingnails

When I saw this lilac flocking powder from KKCenterHK I knew I wanted to try it as it's such a nice colour and I haven't seen it in flocking powder form before. Once I got it I had the idea of using it for some Care Bear nails and I'm super pleased with how they turned out.


I did a base coat of Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Barry M Strawberry Ice Cream, Mint Green, Berry Ice Cream and Lemon Ice Cream. For the writing I used Barry M Cyan Blue and for the darker shades on the bears I used Barry M Bright Pink, Spring Green and Yellow. The mouth and freckles are Barr M Black mixed with one of the colours and I also used Black for the eyes, I mixed Snow Me White with all the bear colours to get the face/mouth area. I used the lilac flocking powder on the bear on my ring finger for an accent nail and the rest I top coated. Read more below about the flocking powder.

The flocking powder comes in a round tub around 1 and a quarter inches. I used some flat tweezers to pick up the powder and I put it onto the wet nail polish. I then pressed it into the polish lightly and then brushed off the excess. I did this over the tub so any excess would fall back into the pot and I barely used any powder on the nail. Flocking powder goes a long way so you probably wouldn't be able to use all of the tub up so it's great value for money as you'll get a lot of uses out of it.


I really really love how these turned out and I think the flocking powder looks so cute on the bear as it makes it look soft and cuddly like the Care Bears themselves. You can get this flocking powder for $4.50 or £2.70 and get a 10% discount with the code poppingnails



Thank you, poppingnails
Check out poppingnails blog
http://poppingnails.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/care-bears.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言